iPhone contacts to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and iPhone' started by jjub3379, Jan 25, 2009.

1. jjub3379

jjub3379 New Member

I would like to copy the contacts from my bosses iPhone to my address book on my mac. His iPhone is sync with another computer so I don't want to accidentally erase them - how would I do this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

the only software you need is iTunes.

see step #5 here.

3. boritmfg

boritmfg New Member

NEED HELP Getting iPhone Contacts to Mac Address Book (previously synced to Exchange)

I need to get the 822 Contact on my iPhone to my Mac Book Pro "Address Book" or MobileMe. Apple tells me that iTunes will not work since the contacts are (Or Previously Were) synced with an Exchange Account. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the contacts to my computer or a software program that will rip the information from my iPhone to my Mac Book Pro?

4. Sinasinn

Sinasinn New Member

When you plug your iPhone into iTunes go to the info tab and then make sure you have sync contacts checked and then from the drop down box select one of the programs listed and then click apply. You should then be able to open the program you selected in the drop down box and your contacts should be there.
    Besides what said above, a same article about how to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to Mac, which can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac for backup.
    hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!