iPhone Convert & iBlacklist

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Lesley V., Nov 1, 2013.

1. Lesley V.

Lesley V. New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I just activated my first iPhone and am excited to get started. I've already put several of my favorite apps on the phone so with those everything went well.
    I want to add iBlacklist to my phone and I know that I need to load it from Cydia site and not the apps store. However, when I go to the site and hit the buy now button it seems to not do anything. So, am feeling I am doing something wrong. Anyone have this app and have any info for me?

Thanks!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your thread is in the iPhone 5s forum. There is no Jailbreak for the 5s. Cydia is an app, not a website. You have to jailbreak to install it.

The good news is iBlacklist is no longer necessary. iOS 7 has a call/text blocking feature. Click on the number and scroll down to "Block this caller."

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

4. Lesley V.

Lesley V. New Member

I had hope to find an app like Call Control for the iPhone. It logs blacklisted numbers, hangs up on them so they don't get sent to voicemail and it does not allow texts messages to come through. This not only keeps them from "getting" to you but by hanging up on them it also gets a point across.

Will keep looking.

Thanks for the help.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You have a 5s, right? There is no jailbreak for that model so you can't install anything like that.

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

The call blocking feature is working well for me for the most part. However there are two additional features I would like to see added. First, the option to have the calls just hung up on immediately, no message, no nothing, just hang up on it as soon as it is identified as an unwanted call. Secondly the ability to block calls without an associated caller ID. These calls usually come through as Unidentified, No Caller ID, Unknown etc. I tried creating contacts with those names and found that neither a call nor a contact can be blocked without having a phone number associated with it. Any ideas?