iPhone cracked today, just sent it to Apple

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
well my buddy and i were playing halo 2 on live and he wanted to see my iPhone so i let him, than he played with it for about 4-5 minutes and set it right next to him, he then leaned on it forgetting it was there(or right next to him) his elbow leaned right on the top right corner just above the screen and cracked:( it was the fist time ive ever seen something mean so much to me look worthless. i was soo pissed. but he is pretty wealthy guy so i knew he would buy another one if it came down to it. but i called Apple and they took it in and said it will be fixed and sent to me in 3 days. I was so happy. beucase i bought this on June 29th the release date and thought it woould be out of warrentty. but my advise keep a solid eye on your iPhone when letting others use it.;)

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Crack

i have a small crack in my screen. Do you think i should call Apple and ask them to fix it.

iPwn

Aug 13, 2007
Wow. Thats just not fair. My iPhone fell when i was trying to put it in my pocket, (about 3ft from the ground) and when i picked it up, the screen was completly wrecked. I wanted to throw up but at least it still worked. Well as the days went by, the part of the screen that unlocks the phone stopped working.....i could get it to unlock but only after like 60 tries. The second row of keys on the keyboard didn't work AT ALL. So no texting, no web surfing, no phone contacts. Well at least I could still make calls. Bam 1 week later, the screen doesn't function at all, and I am left with a 600 dollar brick.

I called Apple care the day after it fell while it was still functional. I spoke with 3 different people. 1 told me the only thing i could do was buy a whole new phone....screw that. The other two told me it would cost 250 dollars to repair. My local Apple store told me the same thing. SO WHY IS IT THAT I HAVE NOW HEARD OF 5 PEOPLE THAT BROKE THEIR SCREENS, AND THEN GOT NEW ONES FOR FREE. I don't have 250 dollars to spare, and would really like a new phone. How the hell did you and the other guys pull this off. PLEASE HELP I AM IN iPHONE HELL.

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Well, I was at the Apple store the other day sitting at the genius table and a guy walked in with his iPhone and the top glass was all broken. There were huge cracks everywhere and a hole in the middle of the screen (He dropped it on a rock so the screen broke). Believe it or not the iPhone was still working! Long story short, the genios at the store replaced his broken phone for free. He gave him a new one at no charge. The genius wrote down on the replacement form "malfunctioning multitouch" The guy was out of the store in 5 minutes with a new phone for free. I couldn't believe it, No one did at the genius table. The genius even asked him " who is your favorite CEO" and the guy said "Steve Jobs" and he got a free replacement.

I think it all depends on the genius you are dealing with. You can be lucky!

-Bohs

Doc

Jul 31, 2007
Wow. Thats just not fair. My iPhone fell when i was trying to put it in my pocket, (about 3ft from the ground) and when i picked it up, the screen was completly wrecked. I wanted to throw up but at least it still worked. Well as the days went by, the part of the screen that unlocks the phone stopped working.....i could get it to unlock but only after like 60 tries. The second row of keys on the keyboard didn't work AT ALL. So no texting, no web surfing, no phone contacts. Well at least I could still make calls. Bam 1 week later, the screen doesn't function at all, and I am left with a 600 dollar brick.

I called Apple care the day after it fell while it was still functional. I spoke with 3 different people. 1 told me the only thing i could do was buy a whole new phone....screw that. The other two told me it would cost 250 dollars to repair. My local Apple store told me the same thing. SO WHY IS IT THAT I HAVE NOW HEARD OF 5 PEOPLE THAT BROKE THEIR SCREENS, AND THEN GOT NEW ONES FOR FREE. I don't have 250 dollars to spare, and would really like a new phone. How the hell did you and the other guys pull this off. PLEASE HELP I AM IN iPHONE HELL.
Relax...just call 800myiPhone and let them know your screen cracked as you were typing on it. I guarantee that this will work.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
serious

Relax...just call 800myiPhone and let them know your screen cracked as you were typing on it. I guarantee that this will work.
Are u being serious? And on what grounds are you guarateeing this, have you tried this?

Doc

Jul 31, 2007
Are u being serious? And on what grounds are you guarateeing this, have you tried this?
Yes, I'm being serious lilly. I did this yesterday. They sent me a confirmation email with this under the Repair Cost heading:

"Our initial diagnosis indicates that because your repair will likely be covered by the warranty, or an Apple repair program, there should be no charge to you for the service performed. If any question arises regarding the repair coverage, we will contact you by phone or email. "

But there is always a chance that they receive it and diagnose it differently...but I just don't foresee it happening.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA

Seriously you have nothing to worry about. go to your nearest Apple store, or go online and sign up to speak to a mac genius about what happened, then phisically go there with your iPhone and talk to him or her. say that it cracked while u were playing video games it was next to u and u leaned on it or sumthing thats accident wise not that u dropped it trust me, if u say u dropped it they wont fix it. i got a brand new one that same day. FOR FREE. and u can too , so chill man i was just as worried and pissed as you. PM if u have any other Q's;)