iPhone crash tests?

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Anyone perform any crazy and insane stunts on their $600-$300 phone yet? I understand that PCworld has done several tests on the durability of this phone...but they never took it to the extremes.

Mishaps accepted. iPhone smashing is not acceptable.:cool:

My friend tossed this iPhone down a flight of stairs (15 carpeted steps). Tumbled down and flew into the dry wall. Small scuff mark on speaker. Phone is undamaged.

Perfect.:p Not so crazy but I am curious to know how well your iPhones have faired off so far.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Anyone perform any crazy and insane stunts on their $600-$300 phone yet? I understand that PCworld has done several tests on the durability of this phone...but they never took it to the extremes.

Mishaps accepted. iPhone smashing is not acceptable.:cool:

My friend tossed this iPhone down a flight of stairs (15 carpeted steps). Tumbled down and flew into the dry wall. Small scuff mark on speaker. Phone is undamaged.

Perfect.:p Not so crazy but I am curious to know how well your iPhones have faired off so far.
Your friend must have taken a previous tumble down a flight of stairs leaving him somewhat "brain damaged"? :)

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
And that relates to this thread how? :)

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I think that "most" of us would not be deliberately attempting to inflict damage to our phone by performing crazy and insane stunts.

Unless of course there's "something wrong" with us.

Maybe it's just me, no harm intended :)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i've heard of someone running over it with a car, only to have the screen cracked but the rest of the iPhone fully functional.

and i've never done anything like that BUT you should see my classic 30gig iPod..

wow.
that thing is MESSED up. it is COMPLETELY covered in scratches(some purposely done) and once i dropped it on the ground and i flung open, split half/half. i snapped it back on and it still works perfectly ^_^

and now i can get inside my iPod WITHOUT that flatedge tool thing, go abuse!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The worst I've done is forgotten that I had the phone in between my legs when getting out of my mom's car and it fell about 5 feet to the ground onto concrete. Not a single scratch on it though.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
The worst I've done is forgotten that I had the phone in between my legs when getting out of my mom's car and it fell about 5 feet to the ground onto concrete. Not a single scratch on it though.
5ft and no scratch?! on concrete?! the guy at the Apple store scratched mine with a paperclip while puttin in my simcard! ; ;

you must have some soft concrete..

ltjbigshot

Oct 2, 2007
I have got a pretty good story.
I was taking a turn in my jeep (with no doors) going about 15-20 and it fell out of my car. I did not hear it fall out because it was poring down rain out side. I went back ther about 20 min later to see if i could find it any where and i found it in the middle of the road. I got it there are 2 scratches on the back of the phone..... And thats it. hah

the iPhone guardian angles were watching out for my iPhone....hah:p

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
5ft and no scratch?! on concrete?! the guy at the Apple store scratched mine with a paperclip while puttin in my simcard! ; ;

you must have some soft concrete..
You're telling me. As soon as I got out I knew I had made a mistake. I just kind of stood there for a few seconds with a contorted look on my face of horror and dismay. My friend I had with me didn't know what was going on at first and then she was like "Oh NO!". I quickly bent down and grabbed the phone and to my extreme disbelief there wasn't a scratch. It has been raining a lot earlier in the day (but it was dry by the time I made the drop) so that might have softened the concrete up a bit.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
wow.
you two are REALLY lucky..

with my first iPhone i dropped it on the carpeted floor in my classroom, but no damage was done(well at least that i know of, i mean it did catch on fire a week later, ON THE INSIDE)