iPhone crashed once again

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Hi guys/gals,

I'm back again for more problems. In my past post I listed a topic on my crashed iPhone and I managed to restore it. I've been using ziPhone.org and it seems their files aren't working anymore or it's no longer supported.

My phone is unable to function at all. The screen is litted up with a picture of an iTunes logo and the white part of the adapter.

I'm using this phone under T-Mobile and firmware is 1.1.4.

Also, I would possibly like to upgrade the firmware to 2.0.

If anyone is willing to assist me, please hurry because I don't have that much time on my hands. I'm getting ready to be deployed soon.

Thank you in advance. :)

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I would restore as a new device upgrade to whatever firmware you want and then use quickpwn.com to unlock and jailbreak. I don't think ziPhone is working at all anymore.

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
I would restore as a new device upgrade to whatever firmware you want and then use quickpwn.com to unlock and jailbreak. I don't think ziPhone is working at all anymore.
The site you gave me doesn't work for me either. Any more suggestions?

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Your question is very vague. We would have to have a lot more information from you and your lack of enthusiasm indicates to me that you didn't even really try to find a solution on your own. There is plenty of information on the internet walking you through the process. You just have to summon up the energy to look. Did you read the comments on the dev-team's website? At least go to Youtube and search for quickpwn or jailbreak iPhone.

While we are all willing to help people out, we don't have patience for people who won't do the research to find the answers that are already out there. Not saying that you are one of those lazy people, but for lurkers casually watching this thread wanting to run across the answers instead of looking for them... well... try the search feature here at EiC, try google, try youtube. There are always a lot of walkthroughs there. And always keep tabs on the Dev-team.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Quickpwn.com download the pwnage tool and then the correct firmware. Just folow the directions and you will have a jailbroken
phone. What exactly isn't working?

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Your question is very vague. We would have to have a lot more information from you and your lack of enthusiasm indicates to me that you didn't even really try to find a solution on your own. There is plenty of information on the internet walking you through the process. You just have to summon up the energy to look. Did you read the comments on the dev-team's website? At least go to Youtube and search for quickpwn or jailbreak iPhone.

While we are all willing to help people out, we don't have patience for people who won't do the research to find the answers that are already out there. Not saying that you are one of those lazy people, but for lurkers casually watching this thread wanting to run across the answers instead of looking for them... well... try the search feature here at EiC, try google, try youtube. There are always a lot of walkthroughs there. And always keep tabs on the Dev-team.
What a very clever thing to say. Thank you very much, jerk!

You have no idea what I've been through trying to work this iPhone. I'm not a wiz at fixing this, but atleast someone nice enough would guide me or assist me.

If you're going to comment, please have some useless things to say or nothing at all!

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Quickpwn.com download the pwnage tool and then the correct firmware. Just folow the directions and you will have a jailbroken
phone. What exactly isn't working?
I've downloaded quickpwn.com and I went through a few phases, but no luck. Atleast my phone's screen went from the iTunes logo & adapter to the "Activate iPhone and world" and nothing else. Also, quickpwn recognizes that my iPhone isn't 2.0 so it didn't proceed. My original firmware was 1.1.1 and upgraded to 1.1.4 and nothing higher.

Anything else?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Why don't you upgrade to the newest firmware? I see no reason to stay that far behind. If you have problems most likely all the fixes will he for the 2.0 and up firmware. Update and then quickpwn. It will work if you do that.

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Why don't you upgrade to the newest firmware? I see no reason to stay that far behind. If you have problems most likely all the fixes will he for the 2.0 and up firmware. Update and then quickpwn. It will work if you do that.

I restored and upgraded on iTunes but crashed it several times. I managed to get it running again but under firmware 1.1.1. And once I go to quickpwn it just says it only supports 2.0 or better.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
What a very clever thing to say. Thank you very much, jerk!
Sorry if my post was jerky. You'd better be careful about insults though. I won't report you but don't let it become a habit.

You have no idea what I've been through trying to work this iPhone. I'm not a wiz at fixing this,
That's why I said...
Not saying that you are one of those lazy people
but atleast someone nice enough would guide me or assist me.
Hmm... ever hear the phrase, "give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, feed him for a lifetime?" Do I give the newbie the answer or teach him how to learn for himself? That's what you should have taken from my post.

If you're going to comment, please have some useless things to say or nothing at all!
Sorry, I thought you wanted useful advice. I guess I was confused. After all, I did tell you exactly where to look for your answers. I even told you about YouTube, a resource many people don't think to use. I also gave you the link to THE most knowledgeable iPhone gurus in the world.

All giving the straight answer would do is enable people who don't feel like using the easy to use search tools to be lazy. The answers would be a lot easier to find if so many people didn't fill up discussion boards asking questions that have been answered a hundred times.

Of course the iPhone can be quite buggy so maybe you have a lemon. You might be a special case, but we don't know that. To be fair to the community, you need to show us the steps you went through and what happened when you tried them. It's not enough to say "your website didn't work." Can't you see how it seems to us that you didn't really try? If you won't take the time to explain to us everything you did, then it's only natural for us to assume that you didn't really try very hard to use the resources we gave you.

You only just now vaguely told us what you tried to do. We don't even know why you are still on 1.1.1. I mean, you aren't even on the latest version of the 1.0 software, much less the far superior 2.0 software. Why did you go from 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 and not to 2.2?

How did you restore your phone to 2.2? Did you let iTunes do it? Did you get iTunes to download the file from Apple or did you download a file from another website?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I have thought the same things as you alx. I have pondered on why he's still on 1.1.1 and I have tried to explain updating to 2.2 and for some reason it's just not clicking with him. To the OP try our advice and when you take the advice your told and then come back if you still have problems.