iPhone crashes every time I enter Camera Roll album!

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
Whenever I enter camera roll, some white specs appear on my screen and it very quickly turns all white, then my phone freezes. I'm then forced to hard boot the phone. I had dock installed for a few minutes. I took a screenshot, then uninstalled it. The screenshot is still in the folder, but I don't think that could be the issue.

Any ideas? Any and all help would be very much appreciated!

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Whenever I enter camera roll, some white specs appear on my screen and it very quickly turns all white, then my phone freezes. I'm then forced to hard boot the phone. I had dock installed for a few minutes. I took a screenshot, then uninstalled it. The screenshot is still in the folder, but I don't think that could be the issue.

Restore in iTunes. I would do it before they release a software update (could be tomorrow) since hacks may not work if you restore with the new version.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US

I agree with the suggestion to perform a Restore.

Installing unsupported 3rd party apps is always risky, even if others have reported smooth experiences. Hopefully Apple will soon address this feature by enabling native installation of sanctioned apps.

Good luck!

-K

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Simply put, you have a corrupt image file in your camera roll folder thats giving you problems. You should be able to dock it with your desktop and just delete the bad image manually by browsing the Apple digital camera folder as you would normally when copying images from your phone.

You really don't need to restore, the comments above gave me a good chuckle on this dreary monday morning.

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
Simply put, you have a corrupt image file in your camera roll folder thats giving you problems. You should be able to dock it with your desktop and just delete the bad image manually by browsing the Apple digital camera folder as you would normally when copying images from your phone.

You really don't need to restore, the comments above gave me a good chuckle on this dreary monday morning.

Thanks man, this worked like a charm :)

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US

Good troubleshooting, x999x.

Happy to amuse.

-K