iPhone Crashing to Springboard

Cooldread

May 19, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I have a jailbroken 3G iPhone with 2.2.1 Firmware and I am having crashing problems. When opening certain applications (i.e. AppBackup, Icy) they crash back to the Springboard. I have done some research and everyone says to reinstall winterboard and mobile substrate, which I have done but it did not make a difference. Any other advise besides RESTORE?

Also, if I uninstall both winterboard and mobile substrate and reinstall them again will I lose everything thats inside them?

Any advise or tips will be greatly appreciated. Cheers! :mad:

Mar 2, 2009
California
I had your problem before. Usually updating the Cydia helps a lot, there's usually a warning that if you don't you'll have problems. Is your Cydia app in need of an update?

Cooldread

May 19, 2009
I had your problem before. Usually updating the Cydia helps a lot, there's usually a warning that if you don't you'll have problems. Is your Cydia app in need of an update?
Hey evolution83, thanks so much for responding to my post. I will follow your advice and see what happens. Cheers.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There is nothing installed to or stored inside Winterboard. It simply changes themes that are stored elsewhere, so reinstalling it wouldn't hurt. I don't think it will solve your problem though. It's probably a particular app or theme that is causing this problem. I would uninstall all themes installed since the problem started occurring as well as new apps, particularly Icy and AppBackup. Cydia should always be kept updated. If this doesn't help, a restore may be in order.

Cooldread

May 19, 2009
Hello Europa,

Thank you so much for responding to my post. So, if I understand you correctly deleting and then reinstalling winterboard will not lose any info. Is this the same for Mobile Substrate?

I agree that reinstalling WB will not make solve my problem because I have done that and no change. As for Cydia, I believe I have the latest because I am always checking for CHANGES. This is how you update Cydia correct?

I really hope I don't have to RESTORE!

Thanks again for your assistance.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
When you open Cydia, it will say "1 essential upgrade" if Cydia itself needs upgraded.

That's correct on the Winterboard question.

I'm not sure about Mobile Substrate since I don't use it.

Cooldread

May 19, 2009
Help Please! My phone is in Recovery mode and I cant get out of it without reseting. It is communicating with iTunes and syncing like normal but I have the Apple logo and it keeps on turning off and on.

Help!