iPhone crashing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
has anyone noticed your iPhone crashing a lot like after opening up for example TEXT, or SAFARI, it closes and goes to the home page then you have to unlock it again. I am running a jailbreaked 1.1.2 iPhone with just installer and summerboard installed.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
restore your phone and start over.. or delete the apps you have and add them back 1 at a time 1 a week to see what one is causing the issues

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
has anyone noticed your iPhone crashing a lot like after opening up for example TEXT, or SAFARI, it closes and goes to the home page then you have to unlock it again. I am running a jailbreaked 1.1.2 iPhone with just installer and summerboard installed.
yes I have the same problem. I am jailbroken and don't have any apps. So that is not what Is causing it

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
and the scary thing is that, i had this problem on 1.1.1. (didn't happen in the beginning but started to happen when i installed more apps). i then restored and upgraded to 1.1.2 and then jailbraked, hoping it would fix this problem. then it happened again now i am scared shitless hoping its just a software problem.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
yes I have the same problem. I am jailbroken and don't have any apps. So that is not what Is causing it
The Safari crashing happened to me on a jailbreaked phone even without any apps, exactly as you describe.

I got fed up with it and restored my phone and the problem went away.

I have some sound files that play OK in iTunes on the Mac but don't play on the iPhone - I deleted these at the same time as I restored the iPhone - this is the only other possibility.

Has anyone ever come across a dodgy tune that crashes iPod or Safari when the iPod is playing?

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
so can I restore. Will it erase my jailbreak? Do I just jailbreake it again?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Yes, before you attempt a restore, do what FazliS85 says...check to see if your wallpaper is set on dim in SMBPrefs. This has been known to cause crashes. Dim needs to be off.

If you're still experiencing crashes with the dim off...THEN I would consider restoring. From my experience, 1.1.2 firmware has been the most stable yet (I don't think I've had a single crash as a matter of fact) and I have many 3rd party apps installed.

kt508

Apr 18, 2009
iPhone randomly crashing

Hi I have an iPhone that has been randomly crashing, I have never "Jailbreak" my phone or anything. And when I try to restore it using iTunes I receive a error message.

Does anyone have any advice?