iPhone Crushes the competition All of Them

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nice find, there.

I think we can all appreciate that our phone has such a large market share. :)

- John

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Highly unlikely that the iPhone will surpass the crackberry. The gov't is in bed with RIM and almost everyone who has a cell phone through the gov't has a crackberry. Not to mention most executives who need immediate access to their email use crackberries for the push email and exchange integration. So as much as I love the iPhone, I don't think it will overtake the crackberry until it gets push email and true exchange synchronization.

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
With 303,591,868 in the USA population and consider how many are not in the government, the odds are in favor of the iPhone.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't think it will surpass BB quite as soon as Q4 sales are released but I have a feeling that day is soon over the horizon, especially if Apple decides to make some choice updates to the iPhone and especially with iPhone 2.0.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
With 303,591,868 in the USA population and consider how many are not in the government, the odds are in favor of the iPhone.

yes, but of those how many actually can afford a cell phone who don't work for the government or have a job where a crackberry is bought for them. That decreases that number drastically. It's gonna take some major updates to the phone to surpass the crackberry anytime soon.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Highly unlikely that the iPhone will surpass the crackberry. The gov't is in bed with RIM and almost everyone who has a cell phone through the gov't has a crackberry. Not to mention most executives who need immediate access to their email use crackberries for the push email and exchange integration. So as much as I love the iPhone, I don't think it will overtake the crackberry until it gets push email and true exchange synchronization.
In addition to this I don't see it overtaking it until the phone signal reception is more consistent. I am hoping that it is not my phone, but the reception is so hit and miss. 5 bars means nothing as well as the "no service".

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Green I think that might have something to do with the baseband modem version...to me the one from 1.0.2 firmware was more consistant than the 1.1.1 version however that could just be my iPhone that has this issue. I'm currently trying to see how I can have both the 1.1.1 firmware and the 03.14.08_G modem baseband or 1.1.2 with the same baseband if the new one doesn't fix what 04.01.13_G did to my phone