iPhone Damage Believe or Not

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MACFIX911

Aug 27, 2007
No matter how hard you try to protect your iPhone.. Accidents will Happen.

This what happen to my first one.
I Purchase one those holsters they sell at the Apple store, it came with screen shield that was impossible to tell which side went where, but i tried both sides, so finally got it to stick, but when it did was all off scratched and wrinckled. #$@#@#$ So i decided to get rid of it instead, the screen was left with some sticky residue so i used some rubbing alcohol and got rid of it.
Later I notice a frosty kind of like a Icy Mountain pattern in the background of the screen, which i liked it look cool to me. It did not affect the phones functions at all, so i kept using it.
PROBLEM.. about 3 weks later went to Houston texas for the weekend, Cool Place but the weather was NOT since I'm Used to CALI.
The humidity was awful My iPhone stop working but only the Phone calling Function. Took it To Apple Store,the guy notice the Icy pattern on the screen and Inmediatly refuse to Talk about warranty repair, Instead gave me prices for repairing it or Buy another one. $278 dollars and 5 day later my new Phone arrived. 3 days later i forget my beloved iPhone in my pants pocket went through the wash cicle later my daughther found it in the dryer. DEAD for sure i thougth..so i left it on window getting sun light for about 6 hours. My Beloved Phone Is Back to Life AMAZING..! and it's very clean now
Believe or Not.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Wha!? That's pretty amazing!

So if its washing machine safe, its got to be dishwasher safe right?! =P

Keep us up to date on this will you? I'd like to know if it continues to work or not, Thanks.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Wow!

Putting it in the sun for 6 hours was quite harsh too! That's another notch you should put on your belt. Should this happen again, try drying it without leaving it in the sun!

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
i don't know what leaves me more speechless...that your iPhone isn't dead yet or somebody is actually that careless with a $600 device ;)
I've got to agree here. If you're having a hard time figuring out how to put on a screen protector, maybe this is too much technology for you!

MACFIX911

Aug 27, 2007
i don't know what leaves me more speechless...that your iPhone isn't dead yet or somebody is actually that careless with a $600 device ;)
That's Exactly What my wife said adding to the guilt I already felt, But It Won’t Happen Again, I keep my iPhone where I can see it now. ;)

PS: my wife thinks that I exchanged the phone since she saw it dead.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah I was in NY for the weekend and it was SUPER HUMID. A part of my screen became non-responsive. I would warn people, even though it is ridiculous, to not take their phones out in real humid weather. Its in for repair now...

MACFIX911

Aug 27, 2007
iPhone being Fix

Yeah I was in NY for the weekend and it was SUPER HUMID. A part of my screen became non-responsive. I would warn people, even though it is ridiculous, to not take their phones out in real humid weather. Its in for repair now...
Just Curious..Will Apple cover the cost of repairs..?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Well that depends how you look at it. Because I did not do anything to make it break, yes, it is covered under their manufacturers warranty. However, they charge $30 for the "option" of a loaner iPhone while they send yours in to be fixed. Very messed up....when it's a phone, its not really an option, I need my phone for my job. So basically you are covered under the manufacturers warranty for that kind of thing. But, should you need to utilize that warranty, you have 2 options, have no phone for a week, or pay $30. If you ask me, the loaner should be free.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Just Curious..Will Apple cover the cost of repairs..?

mm...why would they do that? thats like saying hey it costs $300 to fix that, but don't worry about it we got it covered there wouldn't be a point in saying the price. I wish they did though :(

Jul 15, 2007
www.submissiveophelia.com
Water damage especially, can happen to electronics and they can work fine after being dried. Things that are water damaged also can die at the drop of a hat anytime. I had a cell phone that I dropped in a sink full of water. I quickly removed it,although it was totally immersed, and blew dry it. The phone worked fine for a few months, but just died spontaneously after that. So water damage can act funny.

Also, there is a water damage sticker indicator that turns color when the phone has been immersed. That is because people sometimes tried to take the phone in for repair and not telling them they dropped it into water. A lof of companies will not cover water damage.

I am glad to hear your phone is working okay.

No matter how hard you try to protect your iPhone.. Accidents will Happen.

This what happen to my first one.
I Purchase one those holsters they sell at the Apple store, it came with screen shield that was impossible to tell which side went where, but i tried both sides, so finally got it to stick, but when it did was all off scratched and wrinckled. #$@#@#$ So i decided to get rid of it instead, the screen was left with some sticky residue so i used some rubbing alcohol and got rid of it.
Later I notice a frosty kind of like a Icy Mountain pattern in the background of the screen, which i liked it look cool to me. It did not affect the phones functions at all, so i kept using it.
PROBLEM.. about 3 weks later went to Houston texas for the weekend, Cool Place but the weather was NOT since I'm Used to CALI.
The humidity was awful My iPhone stop working but only the Phone calling Function. Took it To Apple Store,the guy notice the Icy pattern on the screen and Inmediatly refuse to Talk about warranty repair, Instead gave me prices for repairing it or Buy another one. $278 dollars and 5 day later my new Phone arrived. 3 days later i forget my beloved iPhone in my pants pocket went through the wash cicle later my daughther found it in the dryer. DEAD for sure i thougth..so i left it on window getting sun light for about 6 hours. My Beloved Phone Is Back to Life AMAZING..! and it's very clean now
Believe or Not.