iPhone dangers for Pregnant women?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orbit, Oct 17, 2007.

1. orbit

orbit New Member

Late news about iPhone will cause birth defects. Is Apple going to make recall or do anything for the pregnant users?

2. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

you have got to be kidding me! How about this: if you're pregnant, don't use the phone. Same thing with microwaves... I don't see the difference. And no, I don't think Apple owes anyone anything.

Bunch of sue happy bottom feeders...

3. orbit

orbit New Member

iPhone toxic lawsuit news links

It's not just for pregnant users. The danger is for all, but specially for pregnant users. If you can do some research before reply.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&tab=wn&ncl=1122169218

4. Itrekman

Itrekman New Member
    Bronze

holy cow every dam pond scum is trying to get some money from Apple. we all know cigarettes are bad for you why the hell do people still but it? next thing we know iPhone parts are made from sheep testicles and peta is going after them too. hahahahah GET A LIFE

5. orbit

orbit New Member

HeHe... Very funny.
    Let's see if Greenpeace's cancer danger report is correct and if The Centre for Environmental Health is really going to start a lawsuit against Apple.

6. Maahu

Maahu New Member
    Bronze

Here's a thought: more people are at more risk from using the phone (esp. messaging and browsing) while driving a car.

I read one of the news reports, and here's another thought: don't open up the damn phone and increase your exposure to the toxic chemicals it supposedly contains.

Here's a third thought: give 'em a non-flame retardant model, but only after they sign a release waiver, and give up their right to any lawsuit when they appear to spontaneously combust when their phone goes up in flames.

Seriuosly though, Greenpeace is a hollow joke of what it was originally. Its beliefs and tactics have gotten so extreme that even Jim Bohlen its founder left the organization.

7. iMerlin

iMerlin New Member
    Silver

The reports claim the elevated levels of toxins are in the headphone cord...

"The level of phthalate esters, which are linked to birth defects, in the plastic coating of iPhone headphone wires is greater than that allowed in toys or childcare items sold in Europe, Greenpeace alleged."

Good thing I use my Shure headphones! :laugh2:

8. Maahu

Maahu New Member
    Bronze

And this news piece: http://www.abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=3736524&page=1 says it's PVCs and brominated flame retardants. Frankly, I worry most about the omega waves the embedded antenna emits.

9. Spin This!

Spin This! New Member
    Silver

Unless you eat your iPhone or set it on fire, you're safe.

10. orbit

orbit New Member

Thanks for all replies

Love all replies here.
    Well. In 60 days, lawsuit or not? Danger or safe? Let's wait and see.
    But we all live dangerously and trying hard to improve if we can right? ;)

11. greenjbhsd

greenjbhsd Member
    Silver

Everything on the planet is dangerous and we will all have cancer of some form by the time you are 60. Live in the day, be cautious where it makes sense and think for yourself. Actually if you take an embryology course you will see that the probability of a birth defect of some kind is extremely high regardless of how you try to protect yourself. I am not saying you need to live in a bubble, but being practical is necessary as well.

I see this as another fruitless attack on Apple. There is no such thing as safe - period. As far as the report goes that Greenpeace is using apparently states that all levels are within the regulations. So we are going to see a lawsuit because they are following regulations? Isn't that like giving a speeding ticket that is adhering to the posted speed limit (in normal driving conditions)?

12. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member
    Gold

Recall?
    Yeah.
    Right.
    Like OJsakila said, if you're pregnant, don't use it. That simple.

13. orbit

orbit New Member

Exactly. You obviously didn't read all the posts.

14. tonyj81

tonyj81 Member
    Bronze

well at least this was good for a laugh:laugh2:

15. Indy

Indy Zealot
    Gold

Wha?!

REallly?

:eek:

I'm definitely waiting on V.2!

16. kokogirl

kokogirl New Member
    Gold

I think the aspertame in all the Diet Coke I drink is more dangerous. I still drink it though.

17. HELPmepLox

HELPmepLox New Member
    Bronze

yes my mom was telling she heard on the news the iPhone is somehow poisonous and definitely after reading this.. 2nd thought should i be carrying this in my pocket,,..................? radiation?

18. geordisjd

geordisjd Zealot
    Bronze

All this info is very useful. I will definitely tell my pregnant patients to stop smoking their iPhone's earphones and, like with mercury-contaminated fish, to limit their iPhone ingestion to one a week.
    In case of a bad outcome, sue Steve Jobs, not me. He's got a lot more money.

19. tonyj81

tonyj81 Member
    Bronze

all phones give off certain levels of radio waves and radiation no? LOL why would people now be concerned about this? Wasn't there a huge talk a long time ago about cell phones leading to tumors in the brain?

20. SpongebObiWan

SpongebObiWan Member
    Bronze

Years ago, I heard the famous radio announcer, Paul Harvey say, something to the effect of : "Don't drink water with chemicals in it...and for Heaven's sake, DON'T drink any water WITHOUT chemicals in it". :p