iPhone data transfer

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
ok, i need some help. i just purchased a new imac & would like some help retrieving some photos & music that was sync'd to my iPhone. my dell laptop has crashed & the photos only exist on my iPhone. they were not taken with the iPhone, they were only transfered to the iPhone. i have heard that there is software out there that will let me remove the photos & music from the iPhone & place them on me imac. can anyone point me in the right direction. thanks andy

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
On my MBP whenever I sync it automatically syncs with iPhoto because it sees it as a camera and puts the pics on the computer. You should have no problem.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Yeah I recently came back to Mac from PC too. Whenever I plug in my iPhone it automatically opens iPhoto, and all your phone pics will be in there.

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
Yeah I recently came back to Mac from PC too. Whenever I plug in my iPhone it automatically opens iPhoto, and all your phone pics will be in there.
i only get the photos that i took with the iPhone. i would like to get the photos that i synced to the iPhone. to the albums if you will, for lack of better term.

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
ok, when you plug in the iPhone to the imac, all you get is the pictures that you took with the iPhone. i needed the pictures that where in the albums. after downloading a few trial software programs i spent the $20 on phoneview. just to let yal know it works great & is super easy to use. allows you to grap photos, address, music, notes & sms off of your iPhone to mac & viceversa