iPhone Dead?

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
Hello everyone.

I used to post here a while back, I haven't been around in a while but my iPhone 3G today decided to just stop working. I plugged it into the charger(wall not laptop) and it went into recovery mode, I thought that was weird. Well I went to restore a backup but it didn't work(error 14. 3.0) So I decided I would download the new firmware 3.0.1 and restore to a new phone, same thing (error 14). I have tried everything. DFU mode, jailbreaking it using ziPhone, winpwn, red snow just everything. Tried to restore it on another mac, that didn't work so I went to a PC with windows xp then vista... Nothing works.

I know how to DFU it, and I know how to restore it, but I have no idea why it wont restore or update.

Any help?

Non jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.0.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you tried a different USB cable?
Make sure the replacement is an official Apple iPhone cable, not an aftermarket one.

My 3G cable charges and syncs my 3G and 3GS fine, and has no apparent damage, but it causes error 14 during attempted restores.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Tried 3 different computers. All DFU mode, all regular 3.0.1 firmware, and 3.0 firmware even custom 3.0 firmware. Nothing works.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I got it to work. Not exactly sure how, but I got it to finally work as an iPod it wouldn't activate my sim or let me use it as a phone. So I went to a 5th computer and tossed it into DFU mode, and it locked up again. Brought it back to my computer, put it in DFU mode and deleted EVERYTHING in my iTunes folder. All my firmware files I had previously downloaded etc. And then it worked. Only took about 12 hours to finally get it to work. If it didn't end up working last night I was just going to get a Blackberry today... But I didn't go to the dark side! Still with Apple!

-RC