iPhone Dead!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nicks124

Jul 1, 2007
I am calling Apple tommarow. My iPhone is dead. No power nothing. I tunes and my computer still see it, but no power to the screen nothing. It was low on battery, went to put on charger, now nothing. No charging symbol nothing. No Power what so ever! Glad I paid 650 bucks for this.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
have you tried resetting the phone by pressing and holdng the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time until the Apple symbol appears ( usually 8 to 10 seconds)? If not try doing this before calling Apple.

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Buddy same thing happened to me. I let it charge for 15-20 minutes and it worked. The iPhone needs a few minutes to get some energy.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Happened to me and i connected to iTunes and then the life poped back in, definitely call Apple, let them know it happened and have a second look at that warranty.

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Happened to me last week. It just shut off, wouldn't turn off I didn't panic i just left it in my pocket for 10 minutes then tried to turn in on again and it worked

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
lol wtfs with all the newb iPhone users that don't know how to hard reset... its just like a computer and no matter how good it is or what its running the will all freeze at one time or another...

Feb 3, 2008
Beirut
Ok so i have a new problem with my 2G iPhone!
it is dead! tried to hard reset it, i get the Apple picture but whenever i remove any of my fingers it turns off immediately! i have 3 iPhones for 2 years now and this is the first time i face such problem!?
do u think it s a hardware malfunction?
one more thing, i plugged it to the pc and hard reset it, i have to keep both my fingers on the home and power button all the time and i can get to the DFU but also whenever i remove any of the fingers it turns off immediately!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try this, plug it into your computer with the USB cord and reboot the computer with it connected.

If that doesn't work, open iTunes, put it in DFU mode and restore.

Feb 3, 2008
Beirut
the solution to my problem is to plug the iPhone to a MAC and it will turn on automatically! at first i plugged it to my PC and it didn't work, by chance i plugged it to the mac and it worked :)