iPhone deleted purchased songs

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
so i downloaded 3 songs on my iPhone recently and i just went to sync my iPhone and it was set to manual . the purchased songs are now completly gone off my iPhone . I don't know what i did wrong ! how could my songs be gone ? you cant delete songs from your iPhone manually! there not in my purchased songs playlist on my computer either . ! this is not Good ! anyone else have this problem?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
so i downloaded 3 songs on my iPhone recently and i just went to sync my iPhone and it was set to manual . the purchased songs are now completly gone off my iPhone . I don't know what i did wrong ! how could my songs be gone ? you cant delete songs from your iPhone manually! there not in my purchased songs playlist on my computer either . ! this is not Good ! anyone else have this problem?
I don't know how your songs got deleted but it is easy to get them back. Open iTunes, click on the stores tab, and then on "check for purchases" and then iTunes will re-download your deleted songs that you purchased through iTunes.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
what songs were they.. Maybe your computer and iPhone think the songs suck and cant stand being played... think it was an update that iPhone will erase song that it hates... lol

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
i tried checking for purchases . since the songs were already downloaded why would i download again . it did not work .

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i tried checking for purchases . since the songs were already downloaded why would i download again . it did not work .
if iTunes did not download the songs again that means they are still on your computer somewhere. by default iTunes keeps the music in user(your user name)>music>iTunes. if you don't find your songs there then do a search for the songs on your computer by typing their names in the search bar 1 at a time. the search should tell you the location of your songs on your computer and then you can ad them back to library. this is if you're on pc, im not familiar with mac so if you have a mac i cant help you out so much

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
if iTunes did not download the songs again that means they are still on your computer somewhere. by default iTunes keeps the music in user(your user name)>music>iTunes. if you don't find your songs there then do a search for the songs on your computer by typing their names in the search bar 1 at a time. the search should tell you the location of your songs on your computer and then you can ad them back to library. this is if you're on pc, im not familiar with mac so if you have a mac i cant help you out so much
Sorry, that's not true. If you google it, Apple says that you can only download the song once. The check for purchases only works on songs that didn't get downloaded for some reason. I've lost a few songs too. If you can't find the info, I'll post from a computer later with the info.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
Sorry, that's not true. If you google it, Apple says that you can only download the song once. The check for purchases only works on songs that didn't get downloaded for some reason. I've lost a few songs too. If you can't find the info, I'll post from a computer later with the info.
oh really, i thought you could. well sorry for the false information. i have my iTunes account activated on more than 1 computer and when i buy something on 1 computer i just select check for purchases on the other computer and it works. i just assumed it would work on all computers

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Upadate

this is an update to my post ... I reported the problem to Apple using iTunes. just looked in my acccount and hit the report problem button . i explained what happened . within 24 hours the songs were posted and Apple told me to check for purchases and the 3 songs that had been deleted were downloaded. and I'm back to having my songs ! wahoo. simple as that . :)

this is an update to my post ... I reported the problem to Apple using iTunes. just looked in my acccount and hit the report problem button . i explained what happened . within 24 hours the songs were posted and Apple told me to check for purchases and the 3 songs that had been deleted were downloaded. and I'm back to having my songs ! wahoo. simple as that . :)
Nothing beats Apple customer service! I had bought the Complete Led Zeppelin and noticed there were defects in some of the tracks. Apple let m download all 165 tracks again. When that didn't fix the problem, they refunded my money. They later pulled the Complete Led Zeppelin from the store for about a week while they fixed the problem.