iPhone deletes pictures itself?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by katrinej, Jun 6, 2016.

1. katrinej

katrinej New Member

I have a problem with my iPhone - now and then, it deletes some of my oldest photos and I can't find them again - they are not on my photostream or iCloud. I have a problem with storage and constantly get warnings that I don't have much storage left, and much of the storage space is being used by my photos. Does anyone know why this happens and if I can get my photos back?

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Is this happening to photos in the “Recently Deleted” folder? Or from your Camera Roll? If the former, then it’s a feature, not a bug.

Photos in the Camera Roll do not (or rather, should not) get erased without human intervention.

3. katrinej

katrinej New Member

It is happening to photos in the Camera Roll, which is why I find it odd.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I know it's a day late and a dollar short but if you're getting warnings about lack of storage space it may be prudent to move or copy the photos to your computer or other storage outside your phone to avoid any problems in the future. As Rafagon said, the phone should not erase any of the photos ever but it did so in this case an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If you have a lot in your Recently Deleted folder, that uses up a lot of storage space as well.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Be sure to distinguish between iCloud storage and the phone's storage. They are different.