iPhone dialing numbers, accessing apps by itself

Sep 25, 2009
Kentucky
At this time I am having two issues with my iPhone: 1.) The screen goes completely black as soon as I dial a number. Nothing is blocking the proximity sensor whatsoever.
2.) My iPhone will literally randomly access different apps screens and files on my phone--and even dial numbers from my contact list all without me touching it. I can literally watch as certain buttons are highlighted and it will randomly sweep through different apps, numbers, emails, etc. When I visited my local iPhone store and told them what it was doing I was told it is literally impossible for that problem to occur. I left with the same phone and the same problem....This is not happening while the phone is buried in the bottom of my gym bag or in my pocket and there is a possibility that the screen is accidentally being pushed. This is happening while the phone is sitting on my desk, kitchen counter, etc. completely unfettered. I have had it with Apple and with the iPhone and am at my wits end. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
lol

my iPhone changes icons by iteself and butt dials people in my pocket - don't know how that's possible

clark9825

Bronze
Feb 24, 2008
Is your phone jailbroken?

Sep 25, 2009
Kentucky
Hey, do they have an app for that?:D

Virginia Braden
Licensed Private Investigator
“Relentless in the Pursuit of Truth”
Member of the American College of Forensic Examiners
Member of the National Association of Fire Investigators
Phone: *(859)462-4760*
Fax: (888) 857-0743
Web: www.VirginiaBradenPI.com
*Log on for Cold Cases You Could Help Solve!*
Visit:www.StillTheySpeak.com
You are the Voice that Brings Them Home.
"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light."
~Norman B. Rice

Sep 25, 2009
Kentucky
No, it is not jailbroken...

Virginia Braden
Licensed Private Investigator
“Relentless in the Pursuit of Truth”
Member of the American College of Forensic Examiners
Member of the National Association of Fire Investigators
Phone: *(859)462-4760*
Fax: (888) 857-0743
Web: www.VirginiaBradenPI.com
*Log on for Cold Cases You Could Help Solve!*
Visit: www.StillTheySpeak.com
You are the Voice that Brings Them Home.
"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light."
~Norman B. Rice

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
My phone occasionally dials number on it's own as well. I know it's not redialed because it will dial a number that I have not called in awhile, I have no idea how that happen... very annoying indeed.

Sciapod

Sep 27, 2009
Los Angeles
The spontaneous dialing happened to me a couple days ago. Disconcerting, to say the least. I installed an update later and no problem since. I have my fingers crossed... Would love to hear if anyone else has ideas about what is up, or has a fix.