iPhone dictionary / vocabulary / predictive text

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Please don’t yell at me for this because I tried searching the forum but the threads I found were not much help and the issue I think is more personal than general info. But you are the judge.

So I know that the predictive text is wonderful and I love using it but I still can’t get rid of the pop up predictions on a few words that I use regularly and I can’t get it to memorize what I would like it to predict instead of what it is currently giving me.

Here are the issues and please provide a solution as I have come to my breaking point with this problem. (I thank all of you in advance for your help; you iPhoners have been great thus far!)

When I type (xxxxxx).... I get (xxxxxxx)

Ha....Us

msn...MSN

And many others. I have tried using the backspace arrow and typing in what I want it to say instead (3x). I have tried selecting what is tries to give me and then typing in what I really want (3x). I have tried backspacing before it gives me the prompt and typing it in letter by letter.

This issue is more of an annoyance than anything and your help in this matter is, as usual, greatly appreciated.

Regards,

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I feel your pain. Got a few words (aabreviations usually) I can't train it for also. usually backspacing and re enter takes care of it or I've started just adding spaces between the letters -- not the answer you're looking for I know but letting you know you're not alone.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Well, to be honest, the phone mor has spell check more than predictive text. It only seems to catch words on the second to last letter. Abd sometimes it dirsnt seem to werk. See? It shoold have cauhht these misspellings. But it didn't.

Oh, and you cant train it to learn certain things. I cant teach it SSQQ. Thats my dance studio.

Yet another feature not completely implemented. Sorry, I have to deal with expensive incompletely implemented PC software enough every day. I thought Apple was supposed to be different.