iPhone died

jmalone

Jul 8, 2007
Ill keep this as short as possible.

I was running 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziPhone

last week i installed itoday and did not like it. I could not completely unistall it so i just reinstalled it and turned it off.

once i reinstalled itoday my phone started acting weird, (screen flashing white and pink lines or just going all white for a few seconds.)

I noticed that it would not charge either. I hooked it up to iTunes to do a restore and it would not restore (kept getting errors)

I put it in dfu mode to try and restore from there and it still would not restore and now its completely dead.

any suggestions?

Nov 25, 2007
not sure if this will help

I had mine lock up, and the solution was to hold the menu button and the power button until the Apple appeared and the phone rebooted.

Ill keep this as short as possible.

I was running 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziPhone

last week i installed itoday and did not like it. I could not completely unistall it so i just reinstalled it and turned it off.

once i reinstalled itoday my phone started acting weird, (screen flashing white and pink lines or just going all white for a few seconds.)

I noticed that it would not charge either. I hooked it up to iTunes to do a restore and it would not restore (kept getting errors)

I put it in dfu mode to try and restore from there and it still would not restore and now its completely dead.

any suggestions?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Dude I admire your calmness, I would be so scared!

But like aotearoraredhead said "hold the menu button and the power button until the Apple appeared and the phone rebooted"

-I've gone to other Jailbreak specialized forums, and thats one of their options :(

GOOD LUCK Bro!

jmalone

Jul 8, 2007
I tried that. It worked a couple of times when i was trying to restore with iTunes. But, once the battery was fully depleted it would not work anymore.

I think I'm going to try and get it replaced with Apple under warranty.

Do you think i will have any problems since it is jailbroken. How would they know if it is dead and they cant get into it?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I tried that. It worked a couple of times when i was trying to restore with iTunes. But, once the battery was fully depleted it would not work anymore.

I think I'm going to try and get it replaced with Apple under warranty.

Do you think i will have any problems since it is jailbroken. How would they know if it is dead and they cant get into it?
All I can say is visit some dedicated Jailbreaking websites for more help, ya kno unless you have some spare cash around to buy a wall charging unit for your iPhone:sick:

Nov 25, 2007
All I can say is visit some dedicated Jailbreaking websites for more help, ya kno unless you have some spare cash around to buy a wall charging unit for your iPhone:sick:
Get a USB wall plug, it works very well. I have one, plugged in beside my bed and my phone charges every night. The Book that was written about iPhones said that letting th charge go completely down is not good for them. It is a plug with a USB port on the side.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
a wall charger is not necessary. as long as the usb port has power the phone will get charged, even if the phone isn't recognized by the comp.

this may help with a restore: hold down the home button, and while holding down the home button plug the phone into the comp until iTunes says that it has detected a phone in restore mode

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Get a USB wall plug, it works very well. I have one, plugged in beside my bed and my phone charges every night. The Book that was written about iPhones said that letting th charge go completely down is not good for them. It is a plug with a USB port on the side.
Yeah I find wall chargers much more convenient, cause when I turn my laptop on it gets hot, which will ofcourse gets the room hot. Or when at like at hotel or something then its great:laugh2:

Nov 25, 2007
But it's a hacked phone, if s/he does that, it will lock up again unless he subscribes to AT&T

a wall charger is not necessary. as long as the usb port has power the phone will get charged, even if the phone isn't recognized by the comp.

this may help with a restore: hold down the home button, and while holding down the home button plug the phone into the comp until iTunes says that it has detected a phone in restore mode

jmalone

Jul 8, 2007
I've tried the wall charger, holding down home button and connecting, and letting it charge all night. Nothing worked. I sent it to Apple this morning. I will keep you guys updated.

Aug 28, 2007
just go to the Apple store, be like it just stopped working. theyll just give u a new one, but you have to make sure you approach the correct worker, some will give you problems.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Correct Worker?

-The blonde?
-The brunette?
-The arrogent douche?
-The guy with stinky breathe?
-The ****y/nerdy asian?
-The token black guy?(no racist)
-The soccer mom?
-The "Manager"?
-The emo girl?
-The preppy guy/girl?
-The redneck gitter? doner?
-The guy who talk with a lisp
-The oldman
-The abercrombie model?

LMAO!

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
But it's a hacked phone, if s/he does that, it will lock up again unless he subscribes to AT&T
it doesn't matter if your phone is jailbroken/unlocked. you can still restore without any problems and then jailbreak/unlock again. it used to be difficult to restore unlocked phones but in the last few months ziPhone and pwnge came out and now theres no problem with that anymore and its very simple.

jmalone

Jul 8, 2007
I received my brand new 8gb iPhone today. They gave me no trouble with replacing it. I was starting to worry.

I had hoped they would upgrade me to a 16gb, but that was probably just wishful thinking.

Nov 25, 2007
I received my brand new 8gb iPhone today. They gave me no trouble with replacing it. I was starting to worry.

I had hoped they would upgrade me to a 16gb, but that was probably just wishful thinking.

Yeah, good to know that it can/will happen, for those who need to know in the future!