iPhone Dimensions/Weight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
This may be old news, but I was curious how the iPhone compared to the current gen iPod and dug up some interesting numbers.

"5.5"G iPod (30 or 60 Gig)
Size: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.43 inches
Weight: 4.8 ounces

iPhone
Size: 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches
Weight: 4.8 ounces

Basically the same size and weight as the iPod, just a little longer.

So if you want to simulate how the iPhone would feel at hand or to lug around in a pocket, try a 30 or 60 Gig 5.5G iPod. (The 80 Gig model is a bit thicker/heavier.)

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
yes, its old. But its good to remind people who don't know. Welcome to EI!

I felt the 30gb, it is small!
i have a 30gb and i am holding it right now and it is small, i thought it would be a bit bigger... in fact i wanted it a bit bigger...

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i have a 30gb and i am holding it right now and it is small, i thought it would be a bit bigger... in fact i wanted it a bit bigger...
It will be taller, and sleeker, and cooler, and awesomer, and yes, you get the point. It will be taller. Has anyone used sizeasy.com? Thats a good size comparison site.

sajawebb

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
would there be any difference in weigh due to flash memory in the iPhone vs a hard drive in the 30gb ipod?

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
would there be any difference in weigh due to flash memory in the iPhone vs a hard drive in the 30gb ipod?
Certainly those components have differing weights. But for the overall weight both devices are the same (data was taken from Apple's website).

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
obviously we all want our iPhones not too large. But being big enough to type of the virtual keys would be worth the extra space. i hope your able to text horizontally, it would enable the letters to be bigger and be a "fuller" keypad.