iPhone Disabled Banner.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AT&TReP10

Aug 10, 2007
So I tried talking to user name "@rinual" about his post regarding the iPhone Disabled Banner and I got no response. I did a search, but I guess there's not enough information regarding such an issue out there so the hits I got back from the search didn't relate to anything I was looking for. I'm experiencing the same problem: Getting a banner with iPhone Disabled. The problem is I can't restore it using iTunes because it's "locked". What can I do? How do I restore the phone when the phone is locked? iTunes won't even let me see the iPhone during the summary.

Last edited by a moderator:

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Did you do a hard reboot of the iPhone! By holding the top botton and the Home button together for a long time. This should eventually make a triangle screen appear and allow you to hook to iTunes. There are other steps in this button hold that you can get to and maybe get back to a working phone.

Aug 26, 2007
Help..

Did you do a hard reboot of the iPhone! By holding the top botton and the Home button together for a long time. This should eventually make a triangle screen appear and allow you to hook to iTunes. There are other steps in this button hold that you can get to and maybe get back to a working phone.
Tried this with no results...please help

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Tried this with no results...please help
It should work every single time. Are you sure you did this while the iPhone was in the cradle, or connected to a sync cable? You often need to hold the two buttons down for a good 25+ seconds before the yellow triangle appears--you need to keep the buttons down after the iPhone powers down and powers back up.

No reports of a truly bricked iPhone yet, so you have to be missing a step somewhere.

--
Mike