iPhone display covered at the NYC cube?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I live in NJ not far. I know chris lives in NY I believe upstate. (If im completly wrong Im wrong I just think Ive heard this somewhere. Either way Im probably a little closer, still not going their though. If it was in my town without a doubt I would

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I live in NJ not far. I know chris lives in NY I believe upstate. (If im completly wrong Im wrong I just think Ive heard this somewhere. Either way Im probably a little closer, still not going their though. If it was in my town without a doubt I would
what about any of the other Apple stores? do they have something "secret" going on too?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
And so it begins......:cool:

The cover will probably come off June 11th

I think whenever my Apple Store gets a display I might have a heart attack.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
And so it begins......:cool:

The cover will probably come off June 11th

I think whenever my Apple Store gets a display I might have a heart attack.
what if this whole june 29th thing is a curveball, and its available june 11th. that would be SOO TIGHT.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
No, I think Jobs will say something about it during his Keynote, then say that demo units are now available to go play with at your Apple Stores.
You'll probably start seeing displays in the Cingular/At8t stores as well. If they are going to start the new position (Product Pro), then that guy or gal will be having a good time wowing customers.

khunlyon

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
Both Apple and Cingular//ATT (in my experience) tend to not have displays until the phones are avaliable for sale. It has annoyed me to no end in the past. I would be surprised if either store had units to play with until the 29th, unless of course our wishes of having it avaliable on the 11th was true!

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Both Apple and Cingular//ATT (in my experience) tend to not have displays until the phones are avaliable for sale. It has annoyed me to no end in the past. I would be surprised if either store had units to play with until the 29th, unless of course our wishes of having it avaliable on the 11th was true!
What else important from Apple is coming out this month and needs to be covered and have security by it?

May 6, 2007
United States
No, I think Jobs will say something about it during his Keynote, then say that demo units are now available to go play with at your Apple Stores.
If there are demo units, I am going to try my best not to play with them, so it is more fun when I get the real thing. Then I will be all amazed, versus just repeating what I did on a demo version.

juju2682

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Champaign,IL
Boy Genius reported this awhile back. May have something to do with it.
who Knows
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/05/03/apple-iphone-display-hitting-your-local-att-stores-soon/

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
It would be nice if Apple would start taking pre-orders on June 11th and guarantee delivery on 6/29.:laugh2:
That's what I was thinking. The cover has to be for an iPhone display. The setup wouldn't be there unless it's going to be uncovered very soon. So having iPhones on display but not taking orders? That doesn't make sense. Seems to me they would take pre-orders.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
If there are demo units, I am going to try my best not to play with them, so it is more fun when I get the real thing. Then I will be all amazed, versus just repeating what I did on a demo version.
My thoughts exactly, I think it'd take away the specialness of getting it, and trying out YOUR iPhone for the first time YOURSELF. Not only will it be hard to actually get some time alone with a demo, there's gonna be enough press / other people interested playing with those things for weeks.