iPhone does not recognize emails that have been read

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

linco

Mar 5, 2009
My iPhone does not recognize emails that have been read on another device. I have several email accounts and can open them on my computer, laptop, iPad or iPhone. 2 of the accounts are POP accounts and those are the ones that the iPhone does not recognize the 'read' flag on. So, all of those emails have to be opened and closed again on the iPhone to let it know they have been read. This is new. I have had my phone for a year and a half and it has been fine up until a few weeks ago. As far as I know, I haven't changed any settings on those email accounts or on my phone.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Lin

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I've had the issue of one way badge updates across two iPhones, an iPod, various versions of iOS and against both hotmail and gmail.

To me it seems like the headers are downloaded or count pushed forward after which updates in read status from other connections are independent of the message status on the iDevice. Doesn't seem to be a universal complaint though so maybe you and I are doing something wrong.

Please post if you are able fix and recreate the bug. I've tried deleting and reestablishing the email profile as well as resetting the device to as new.

Sent from Tapatalk