iPhone does not show up in browser

blumenst

Oct 17, 2008
My iPhone is proberly connected and working but the iPhone does not show up any more in the XP Windows Explorer....does anybody have an idea why ? Many thanks for any recommendation.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
My iPhone is proberly connected and working but the iPhone does not show up any more in the XP Windows Explorer....does anybody have an idea why ? Many thanks for any recommendation.
Mine has never shown up in XP in Windows Explorer and just tried it and don't see it. It only shows up in iTunes for me.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Not sure about XP, but in Windows Vista it shows up in the file explorer as a camera device. From there, you can drill down into it and see the files (photos) from your photo library and from the camera roll.

Do you see a camera listed in your XP file explorer?

blumenst

Oct 17, 2008
Not sure about XP, but in Windows Vista it shows up in the file explorer as a camera device. From there, you can drill down into it and see the files (photos) from your photo library and from the camera roll.

Thanks for your hints. Have installed Air Scharing together with Novell NetDrive enabeling me to transfer files between my PC and the iPhone without any problem.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.

Danke für die Hinweise. Habe inzwischen Air Share zusammen mit dem Novell Netdrive installiert und kann so alle Files auf dem iPhone ansehen und up/download mühelos machen.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the Novell Netdrive is interfering with the display of the iPhone showing up in Explorer? I'm not familiar with Novell--can it be disabled temporarily so you can verify that it is not the culprit?

blumenst

Oct 17, 2008
Air Sharing and NetDrive data exchange

I wonder if the Novell Netdrive is interfering with the display of the iPhone showing up in Explorer? I'm not familiar with Novell--can it be disabled temporarily so you can verify that it is not the culprit?

It took me some time to make it work, but it works. NetDrive (for PC) allows to work with folders on the iPhone/Air Sharing apps like with the one on the c-drive, i.e. allowing to down/upload and copy/past. Once done, it will be disconnected. The only problem I got to solve is securty/pw for the file on the iPhone.