iPhone DOES NOT WORK as advertized: Full refund in order

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
G

greenmymac

For The Love Of God I Am Sick Of Hearing About People B**ching About The iPhone " It Doesn't Do This, It Doesn't Do That" If You don't Like You Had 14 Days To Exchange And If You didn't Do That In The 14 Days Shut-up. Just Be Happy You Have A iPhone Or A Phone In General

FrankMcL

Bronze
When a product does not live up to the hype

For The Love Of God I Am Sick Of Hearing About People B**ching About The iPhone " It Doesn't Do This, It Doesn't Do That" If You don't Like You Had 14 Days To Exchange And If You didn't Do That In The 14 Days Shut-up. Just Be Happy You Have A iPhone Or A Phone In General
we have every right to complain. I went beyond the two week warranty assuming wonderful Apple would make it work.
The phone IS elegant but not nearly as useful as Microsoft Mobile. I need productivity not pretty pictures.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Hehehe. Funny post and oh so true. Yes it does get old. You get 14 days to see if it works for "you"...if it doesn't, return it, pay the 10% restocking fee which you knew about from the beginning and move on. No sense complaining about it. If it works for YOU great. That is exactly how I intend to deal with it. I should have it to test within two weeks -- I hope.

FrankMcL

Bronze
I'm not complaining, I'm warning future consumers

Hehehe. Funny post and oh so true. Yes it does get old. You get 14 days to see if it works for "you"...if it doesn't, return it, pay the 10% restocking fee which you knew about from the beginning and move on. No sense complaining about it. If it works for YOU great. That is exactly how I intend to deal with it. I should have it to test within two weeks -- I hope.
Apple's hype is rotten...the phone is NOT the greatest thing since canned beer, or sliced bread.
It's a fancy iPod not a businesss tool.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Apple's hype is rotten...the phone is NOT the greatest thing since canned beer, or sliced bread.
Dude, sell it or throw it in the trash. You blew it by not returning it within 14 days when it didn't live up to your expectations. It's not our fault nor Apple's. Move along big guy! ;)

FrankMcL

Bronze
Easy boys...

Dude, sell it or throw it in the trash. You blew it by not returning it within 14 days when it didn't live up to your expectations. It's not our fault nor Apple's. Move along big guy! ;)
Wow....you iPod poodle heads really can’t take a little constructive criticism.
The phone does not work as advertized and folks need to know that.
I am preparing a list of the (non)functionality of this devise so potential buyers know what they are getting into...stay tuned and save the nasty blasts for somebody else.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Wow....you iPod poodle heads really can’t take a little constructive criticism.
The phone does not work as advertized and folks need to know that.
I am preparing a list of the (non)functionality of this devise so potential buyers know what they are getting into...stay tuned and save the nasty blasts for somebody else.
Whatever man. Knock yourself out. I was jsut saying' if it was me and I bought something I didn't like or it didn't work for ME I'd return it and move on. Apapretnly you want to beat it into the ground. Have at it. :rolleyes:

sjb03008

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I have to say,
I've never seen so much anger over a single item, at this magnitude, for a very long time. Why do we have to scream at each other. If you like your iPhone great. I do, but I have the naysayers. I just respond with "I like it, so I don't particularly need to hear 2 hours of complaints" and those who don't like it, that's fine. Doesn't mean you have to push people who like it to the other side. Not to say you can't voice concerns. Constructive criticism is perfectly acceptable. I just don't understand why there is so much snarling. Those who like it don't need to take personal offense if someone doesn't like the iPhone, I know I don't. Not everyone is going to like everything that you like. And for those who don't like the iPhone, that's ok too, just don't start a campaign to drive people away. It's just disheartening to see a material object that is SUPPOSED to make people happy through ownership spawn such anger. It's a phone, a gadget, something fun and interesting.
In the eternal words of my mother- "If you don't like it and it's not making you happy, return it. In the end the loss you take doing so will never surpass the dejection for it causing anguish".

Ok, I'm done. I'm sure I'm going to get some wicked backlash, but I said what I said, fire away.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I actually advised my boss (the owner of the company I work for) not to buy an iPhone, but to keep his Blackberry. I told him that his Blackberry was better suited to the businesss world right now.

Don't get me wrong; I love my iPhone! :laugh2:

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I'm sorry, can you show me one ad or official statement from Apple that said it was a businesss tool?

You're right, it's a fancy iPod with a phone and web browser. That was obvious from day one. You had 14 days to figure this out and return it, you passed.

FrankMcL

Bronze
And they never said

I'm sorry, can you show me one ad or official statement from Apple that said it was a businesss tool?

You're right, it's a fancy iPod with a phone and web browser. That was obvious from day one. You had 14 days to figure this out and return it, you passed.
it would sync your contacts and calendar either, right?
I'm really not looking to argue...I'd like to get the thing to work and I'll suffer without all that Windows Mobile has to offer.

FrankMcL

Bronze
It's no businesss tool but I got sync going

I'm really not looking to argue...I'd like to get the thing to work and I'll suffer without all that Windows Mobile has to offer.
I’m syncing on a laptop with Vista Ultimate and Outlook 2007.
Sheila at Apple tech support walked me through the process: Go to this link for the article:
Link: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n305409
1st thing to check is for USB conflicts....if you have a camera or printer connected via a USB port that may be the problem. So remove those 1st to see if that’s an issue then follow the instructions at the above link. Mostly you have to uninstall ALL Apple programs....I had 4 on my computer. The Remove Apple from the Program folder, then reinstall iTunes.
Admittedly the iPhone is not a businesss tool and does not come close to the functionality of Mobile 6 but if it can sync the Outlook calendar and contacts I can live with it.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I sync mine with Microsoft Entourage on a Mac and it works fine.

FrankMcL

Bronze
I’m now syncing on a laptop with Vista Ultimate and Outlook 2007.

I sync mine with Microsoft Entourage on a Mac and it works fine.
Sheila at Apple tech support walked me through the process: Go to this link for the article:
Link: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n305409
1st thing to check is for USB conflicts....if you have a camera or printer connected via a USB port that may be the problem. So remove those 1st to see if that’s an issue then follow the instructions at the above link. Mostly you have to uninstall ALL Apple programs....I had 4 on my computer. The Remove Apple from the Program folder, then reinstall iTunes.
Admittedly the iPhone is not a businesss tool and does not come close to the functionality of Mobile 6 but if it can sync the Outlook calendar and contacts I can live with it.