iPhone doesn't work on wimax

dual

Feb 16, 2008
i just got wimax portable internet with rogers in canada. I cannot use wifi while my linksys wireless router is hooked to the wimax. When i hook the router back up to the cable modem, my iPhone now works...any ideas?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
are you powering off the router before switching from cable to wimax?
I've seen this problem with PC's. They unplug the cable from the PC and plug it into a laptop, and the cannot get on the internet. It's because the "hardware address" for the ethernet card of the first PC is still registered with the modem.
In this instance, shut everything off, and then turn it on an try. The iPhone talks to the router, so as long as there is a signal to receive, nothing should change, regardless of which signal is going to the router.

dual

Feb 16, 2008
hear what you are saying

getting an ip address and all...i also have a laptop that communicates over the same wireless router and it works just fine...i do unplug the router after switching cables....i check for internet on the laptop and it is working fine. It is only the iPhone that cannot see the internet...the iPhone does show that it is connected to the wifi router but i cannot surf