iPhone downgrading Issue (want to unlock and jailbreak iPhone 3G)

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by iPhoneBoytellem, Sep 29, 2009.

1. iPhoneBoytellem

iPhoneBoytellem New Member

Whats good everythingicafe,

as you can see i'm new here and I need some assistance. I just bought this iPhone 3g from ebay and when I received it I noticed that the previous owner had already upgraded the phone to the 3.1 firmware. Now I've been trying all day to downgrade to the 3.0.1 firmware but everytime I try to restore, towards the end I get an error message stating that the iPhone could not be restored 1015. Now my phone is stuck on recovery mode with the usb pointing to the iTunes on the screen. I have been watching video after video and nothing seems to help. Please if anybody out there can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Also i'm sorry if there are already a million threads on this same issue, if there is please direct me to it.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I answered your PM. Try this:

With your iPhone plugged in, open Quickpwn on your desktop. A dialog will pop up telling you to reboot the phone. Follow those directions. Do not run any more of Quickpwn! As soon as you've rebooted, you can close Quickpwn. You should be good.

The 1015 error usually means that an unexpected version of the baseband was found.

3. iPhoneBoytellem

Jailbreak man nevermind my last pm I tried what you just said again and that did get rid of the recovery mode now i'm at an emergency call screen with a message that says insert valid sim card with no pin lock to activate the iPhone should I attempt to jailbreak the phone now?

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Are you an AT&T customer?

5. iPhoneBoytellem

nope i'm trying to get it to work for tmobile but I have had some progress I successfuly downgraded the phone and jailbroke it. Now I just need to Unlock it and I will be set thanks a lot for you help jailbreak man!

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's just another day in the life of...

JAILBREAK MAN!

Install ultrasn0w?

7. iPhoneBoytellem

I installed ultrasnow but now all i get is searching where tmobile is supposed to be in the upper left hand corner so I have no service :(

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Go to Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings and reset your network settings. It's worth a try at this point.

9. iPhoneBoytellem

I tried your suggestion and that didn't work either it still says searching. I'm thinking this is happening becuz the phone was upgraded to the 3.1 and that has something to do with it. I guess I just have to give up for now but I really do appreciate your help jailbreak man thanks

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, I'm still wondering because I just helped someone jailbreak and unlock his 3G that he had updated to 3.1, and he's using T-Mobile with no problem.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you forget to turn 3G off?