iPhone Download speeds

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I suggest using 2 different sites cause results may vary from site to site. Here are the 2 I used.

Pittsburgh, PA - EDGE

27 kilobits per second - pcpitstop.com
71 kilobits per second - dslreports.com/mspeed

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
My highest speed over WiFI was 5.7 mbs andfor edgeit was close to 250 kbps. Keep in mind these were max speeds ut never the less I have been very impressed with EDGE after hearing all the crap talking about it. In my area, New York and New Jersey, edge works GREAT. In some cases when I have a bad WIFI connection, EDGE totally makes up for it. The only time EDGE becomes useless is when you have 1 bar or less of ATT service

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
My highest speed over WiFI was 5.7 mbs andfor edgeit was close to 250 kbps. Keep in mind these were max speeds ut never the less I have been very impressed with EDGE after hearing all the crap talking about it. In my area, New York and New Jersey, edge works GREAT. In some cases when I have a bad WIFI connection, EDGE totally makes up for it. The only time EDGE becomes useless is when you have 1 bar or less of ATT service
Yeah, same for me. Very impressed with it, especially in the face of all the reviews that said it was HORRIBLE. It's really not. When my cell signal is low, my internet gets cruddy, too.