iPhone earpiece

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Questions--does anyone have the iPhone earpiece volume set to anything other than the maximum? Are others having difficluity hearing phone conversations through the earpiece?
In my office or in a quiet setting with the phone volume turned all the way up I can hear the caller through the earpiece only so-so. However, at a noisy sports bar there is no way I can begin to hear the person calling. In fact, if it wasn't for the vibrate mode I would not know that I received a phone call at all. As a phone, I believe the iPhone has serious earpiece speaker design problem because in comparison I could actually hear my Nokia at football games using the outdoor setting. I hope the earpiece volume problem is something that can be corrected by an update.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Mine depends, if I'm using the ear piece on the phone I keep it on max, but if im using my Bluetooth (Jawbone) I have to turn it down otherwise my ear will bleed.. heh...

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
My Volume is usually at max. However, the overall volume is lower than any other phone I've owned. The "speaker" phone is useless. I tried a Jawbone from the local Apple store and for some reason, it didn't cancel any background noise. All it did was make my voice and the background noise lower in volume... I've read great reviews on the Jawbone and was hoping that it would work out... it went back... anyone else having great success with the Jawbone? The website demos are awsome... Thanks, Paul

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
My Volume is usually at max. However, the overall volume is lower than any other phone I've owned. The "speaker" phone is useless. I tried a Jawbone from the local Apple store and for some reason, it didn't cancel any background noise. All it did was make my voice and the background noise lower in volume... I've read great reviews on the Jawbone and was hoping that it would work out... it went back... anyone else having great success with the Jawbone? The website demos are awsome... Thanks, Paul
I've had the Jawbone for a little over a month now. Use it everyday (only when Im driving of course). To make a long story short, it is the best blue tooth I have used and couldnt be happier with it. Noise cancellation is on by default and works like a charm Ex. windows down doing 80mph and music up and the person on the other end could hear me perfect with minimal to none background noise. Maybe you got a defective product or the Noise Shield was off? But im glad I went with the Jawbone and didn't get the Apple. Best of luck!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I always have the ear volume set to the max. I have on very rare occasions turned that volume down a little when in quiet places. I can hear pretty well when in public places, what I have found is that with no "ear guide" park of the problem I had till I got used to it was when I thought my ear and the ear speaker were lined up, they in fact were not. I shifted the phone slightly and the volume improved drastically, so it in the beginning was me.

However, this phone still has the lowest volume for the earpiece that I have had yet. Speakerphone does not even exist. I guess if I was in optimal conditions (conference room, doors closed, alone) I could use it, but otherwise no.

The headphones work incredibly well. I did a long ride this last week (about 80 miles and 13000 feet vertical gain) and since it is not safe to hold the phone and talk while on a road bike I was using the ipod and would get the calls when they came in. Even with the wind and the huffing and puffing I could hear very well and my wife said I was crystal clear as well, except me being out of breath. The only complaint I have on the headphones is how they designed the mic on it. Since it is square with sharp edges I find that it snags my collar frequently. Would have been nice to have that shaped a little differently, perhaps sleek and round like the phone.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
The Jawbone is a little big, but other than that I love it. If you need a Headset thats somewhat loud.. The Jawbone does a great job of having a high volume, sometimes to high. But Overall, I think it's probably the best headset Ive owned.
Now all I need is to wait for someone to make a high end wired headset that has all the nice functions such as the clicker on the the factory set.