iPhone eBay prices

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CantPutt9

Dec 24, 2007
Reallly, really want an iPhone, and have been looking at new ones on ebay, but the prices are much higher than retail even for ones that are brand new and NOT unlocked. I know the iPhone is readily available at retail now, so why are ebay's prices so high?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If people are willing so buy an UNLOCKED iPhone for more than retail, eBay is going to be full of people trying to make an easy profit over someone's inability to notice that they can go to the Apple/ATT store and buy it for less.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
It may also be the only way to get a 1.1.1 phone...most stores have moved past this revision.....All Apple stores have.

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
If you are an AT&T customer - you just have to add the $20 fee to your account for the iPhone. It does not require a new 2 year agreement.

I just do not get why someone would go onto ebay and buy a phone for much MORE that is not unlocked and is not the latest version when they could go to the AT&T store and buy it for $399 plus tax. Some people need to get a clue! It is the dumby;s in the world that cause the prices to get jacked up. If no one bought it at that price they would drop lower, and lower, and lower then you buy.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
That is not correct.

Even if you are an ATT customer and want to switch to an iPhone you will be required to start a new 2 year contract.

That contract will use you existing phone plan and you will add $20 for the data.

You do not have to be at the end of your current ATT contract to switch(only for switches to iPhone). You will just start a new 2 year term with the added data.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Reallly, really want an iPhone, and have been looking at new ones on ebay, but the prices are much higher than retail even for ones that are brand new and NOT unlocked. I know the iPhone is readily available at retail now, so why are ebay's prices so high?

Hrmh... Maybe they think it's still June?