iPhone Edge is down

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
"Lots of annoyed iPhone users today in the central US. Apparently, the servers responsible for running the EDGE network for AT&T are down, depriving many iPhone users of their normal connectivity.This outage is affecting users from Chicago to Kansas. If you're part of the affected customer base, let us know in the comments. According to poster BBuehner at the Apple Support discussions forum, AT&T says the problem should be fixed by the end of today but could go as long as February 5th."

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/31/edge-down/

For anyone who didn't know.

MundoGrande

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
Oh my gooosh, I'm having so fun playing with my iPhone on my EDGE network.

Oh, crap. Wrong thread. :laugh2:

Just kidding, I don't even have one. Don't kill me. :(

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'm not too concerned. Whatever the phone uses while off of wifi and edge seems to be fine anyway. Unless it's just fooling me during those times the E icon is off and I'm still browsing and emailing, etc. Right now it's on, though, and actually pretty fast. This must be why... The remaining edge servers are less loaded or something

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
the Internet is one of the main feautres I use on the phone, so when I'm in school I can't use the wifi, so I have to use edge and if it was down I would probably go crazy haha ;P