iPhone email question

jjqb08

Oct 13, 2007
I have my iPhone set up with 2 email accounts:
1) Gmail, works great ever since I switched over to setting it up as an IMAP account. I love that I can send several emails from my macbook on gmail, and receive several replies, and that the account on my iPhone updates as I send and read
2) I have a work account with a basic POP account. I send/read even more emails from my macbook and when I pick up my phone after a long day at work it shows up with TONS of new emails to that account. Is there a way to get the iPhone to only recognize emails I haven't read on my macbook?

does this make sense?

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
try using a rule on the email account that only forwards when u turn on auto forwarding

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I have my iPhone set up with 2 email accounts:
1) Gmail, works great ever since I switched over to setting it up as an IMAP account. I love that I can send several emails from my macbook on gmail, and receive several replies, and that the account on my iPhone updates as I send and read
2) I have a work account with a basic POP account. I send/read even more emails from my macbook and when I pick up my phone after a long day at work it shows up with TONS of new emails to that account. Is there a way to get the iPhone to only recognize emails I haven't read on my macbook?

does this make sense?
Your work email would have to support IMAP as well for that to happen.