iPhone Email Sync

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fozzie

Jul 11, 2007
I have set-up and use a POP email account (my work account) and want to know if there is an option I am missing. I use my work computer's (Macbook Pro) "Mail" program throughout the day and have my iPhone docked to it. At the end of the day when I shut the computer down, all of the email that I received on the computer throughout the day gets downloaded to my iPhone (I have it set-up for manual checks) as new messages. Is there a way to sync at the end of the day that will put all of my "read" mail onto the iPhone as "read" and not have 25 new emails waiting on the iPhone for me to read? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

fozzie

Jul 11, 2007
You need to use an IMAP account which keeps the mail synchronized on your PC and iPhone.

Please forgive my ignorance, is there a way to change my existing account from POP to IMAP or do I need to get a whole new mail host?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Please forgive my ignorance, is there a way to change my existing account from POP to IMAP or do I need to get a whole new mail host?
Many hosts provide for pop and imap all at the same time. You would just need to switch your account type from pop to imap. This usually requires that you setup a new account in your Mail program. You may want to check with your host to see if you already have imap.