iPhone Email

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
It seems that the iPhone will handle emails quite well, after reading the Apple site. Sure, we'll have to wait and see how it works - but I'm curious how it will fit into my workflow. I have multiple emails for work, personal, and a .Mac account. Those emails always go to my laptop. I'm wondering that if I setup the iPhone to get email, are they not available on my laptop? Or, by the same token, if email is downloaded to the laptop, is it no longer available on the iPhone. Ideally, you'd want the iPhone to sync all mail so that if it's downloaded to the phone, it'll go to your Apple mail when you sync the device, and vice-versa. If I reply to an email on the iPhone, ideally I'd love to see that reply in my normal Apple Mail program when I sync. .Mac actually works this way. If I email online through the .Mac site, the reply appears in my Mail program on my laptop. Does this make any sense?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
no... jk... My guess would be that you could get these pushed to your phone, by getting them pushed to yahoo. Because you can redirect emails with most services. Then you could read them both on your laptop and on your phone. This is good because once you read it on your phone it will disappear from your inbox, not your email, on your laptop. You can still respond to the ones you have read. I hope that helps, cause i didn't read your question all the way through.

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
We'll have to wait and see! But, using the .Mac online say, for a day, replying and sending new messages - ALL appear when downloaded to Apple Mail. One would think the iPhone works the same way.

My Earthlink account does not do this. If I send or reply to emails on the web, any email in my online inbox will still be download to my laptop. My replies however, are not.

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I know exactly what you mean and I, too, hope it works this way. (It should sync all this stuff well with the Mail app .... it's Apple! ? ?). But we'll see.

Jun 21, 2007
Either way I'll be psyched to see a phone with halfway decent mail support. Even smartphones have almost useless Email. It's always just easier to text message or mms someone...

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Right, and it seems from today's video about syncing, that mail will move back and forth between the iPhone and Apple Mail.