iPhone Enterprise Beta program

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Hey guys,
The university where I work has applied to and has been chosen to participate in the iPhone Enterprise Beta program.

Not really sure what this is or if it'd be beneficial to participate myself. I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone - would I have to restore the phone to participate? I'm guessing as much.

Any info/advice would be helpful!

Thanks!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
IIRC the enterprise program is just like the personal program with the exception that you can add more than one person as a developer and provision their device for development purposes. You would have to upgrade your device to the 2.0 beta which would stop the jailbreaking (none of the programs work on 2.0 yet). The only reason it would be worth it would be if you planned on developing stuff with the official SDK or you want to try the EAS (exchange) stuff. The newest beta firmware isn't too bad. It can be a bit sluggish every now and then but overall it works really well for a beta firmware.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Oh okay, thanks for the info. I am sure that the Exchange stuff is why my university signed up for it, but my university email works just fine right now - and if it ain't broke...

And since I don't do anything in the way of developing, seems like the best idea is to just stay put.

Thanks for the info!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Off topic, but what university?

- John