iPhone FAQ: User suggestions and contributions

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
We've had this before, but it got lost somewhere along the way. Anyway, a member recommended we have an FAQ, so now we do. A barren, empty, iPhone FAQ.

Good news is that we're starting from scratch, but I need your help.

We need suggestions for categories and eventually start taking submissions. I'm going to set up forms that will allow members to easily submit their FAQ's (which will allow me to easily transfer to the FAQ).

The FAQ itself is searchable and we can possibly develop some tie-in to a thread here in the forums.

For ideas, feel free to check out the Everything Pre FAQ.

FAQ's can be part of multiple categories.

Last edited:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Barren and empty - just like my women.
Don't you have offspring / loins-fruit? Wouldn't that mean at some point you've encountered non-barren women?

A couple category suggestions:

iPhone Terms Glossary
Jailbreak Terms Glossary
iPhone Hardware Buttons Usage
Safari Tips, Mail Tips, iPod App Tips, Other Built-in Apps Tips
Jailbreak FAQs

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Since the thread is now here I'll repeat. We need reset instructions for the different types such as hard reset and DFU mode reset, etc.
Thanks

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Since the thread is now here I'll repeat. We need reset instructions for the different types such as hard reset and DFU mode reset, etc.
Thanks
Once we set up categories, we'll ask our readers to submit both questions and answers -- those will get added to the FAQ.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Once we set up categories, we'll ask our readers to submit both questions and answers -- those will get added to the FAQ.
Chris,
My suggestion is to also add a "Did This Solve Your Problem" or "Did This Answer Your Question" button in the FAQ's question & answer section. Mark:eek:k:eek:k

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Good idea Chris. I think it is hard to search for answers simply because people don't make the titles relevant to the issue being addressed. A title of "help me" won't do a darn thing when you search for an answer. Hmmm. Can the title of an OP's message be changed? Of course change the title only if the issue was solved. Then there will be some who don't want to search but just want an answer. A reference section would be valuable in providing links to the repetitive problems posted.