iPhone fees

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
hey there, i activated my phone with the lowest fee of $59.99 and the fee of $ 36 for activation, but then when i enter *225# i got a message of my current fee os $113.06 can anyone explain why did it cost that much? because i wouldn't be able to take a look at it until the bill come home :(
please don't tell me cingular have hidden fees like other people said

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
hey there, i activated my phone with the lowest fee of $59.99 and the fee of $ 36 for activation, but then when i enter *225# i got a message of my current fee os $113.06 can anyone explain why did it cost that much? because i wouldn't be able to take a look at it until the bill come home :(
My taxes in Florida on my first bill were 15.86. The total bill was $120.

Your bill is correct.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
It is every month, but it will go down some since some of the tax is charges that only happen at activation. It also depend on your State. In Florida the State tax is 9.59 and the Orlando city tax is 5.66. Thats every month.

beaken

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Welcome to the wonderful world of taxes and somthing you get to see every month. They will go down a little on the next bill since you wont be taxed for the activation fee again.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i talked to my AT&T buddy CSR who spelled it out for me - my month starts on the 5th, so from the 29th to the 5th is included as a prorated amount on your first bill, including the $36 activation fee. and applicable activation taxes and taxes on the prorate

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
i just mine, i have the 79.99 plan and it says $95.67. did u go over on text messages.

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
How is it that you were not charged an activation fee?
I guess thinking about it, it does seem low. Its like only 20 something extra bucks, thats weird. I guess ill have to see ehat my bill is when it comes and hey if they don't want to charge me activation thats fine by me haha