iPhone finally works

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Well I've posted on here a dozen times about how my iPhone wasn't being recongnized by iTunes on my PC. Well today i finally figured it out.

Back when updating iTunes for 7.3, my firewall was popping up saying that certain Apple programs wanted to connect to the internet. I have it set so that i'll prompt me anytime some program wants to connect. Well after about five prompts i was getting annoyed and i must have hit block access instead of allow.

So an application called Applemobledeviceservice.exe was being blocked by my firewall from connecting to the internet. So anytime I was plugging the iPhone in, the correct prompt wasn't happening to connect to the internet to allow it to be listed in iTunes.

I don't know what made me think of this but I went into my firewall settings and saw that it was blocked. I changed it to allow access and it worked.

Finally i can now sync from my own computer. This is a friggin relief. If anyone else has this problem, try checking your firewall settings.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
wow dude i remember you had this problem since launch, cant believe you still kept it till now, i bet your glad you did though , grats.:laugh2:

pharoh

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
You don't have to put up with all that firewall and virus protector crap with a Mac

Well I've posted on here a dozen times about how my iPhone wasn't being recongnized by iTunes on my PC. Well today i finally figured it out.

Back when updating iTunes for 7.3, my firewall was popping up saying that certain Apple programs wanted to connect to the internet. I have it set so that i'll prompt me anytime some program wants to connect. Well after about five prompts i was getting annoyed and i must have hit block access instead of allow.

So an application called Applemobledeviceservice.exe was being blocked by my firewall from connecting to the internet. So anytime I was plugging the iPhone in, the correct prompt wasn't happening to connect to the internet to allow it to be listed in iTunes.

I don't know what made me think of this but I went into my firewall settings and saw that it was blocked. I changed it to allow access and it worked.

Finally i can now sync from my own computer. This is a friggin relief. If anyone else has this problem, try checking your firewall settings.
You don't have to put up with all that firewall and virus protector crap with a Mac