iPhone firmware 1.1.3 ringtones

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I was not sure if this was the correct forum to post this, so I am sorry if I made a mistake.

I just got an iPhone 2 or 3 weeks ago and hate the ringers that are preloaded on it.

Besides "jailbreaking" my iPhone (which I'd really prefer not to do) is there an way to make my own FREE ringtones (or upload FREE ringtones) to the phone without paying Apple $1.99 each time for their very limited selection?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yes, you can use any of your MP3 (or other) music files, trim them to 30 seconds (I use Quicktime Pro for that) and use a sound utility to turn them into a .m4r file (I use Sound Converter to export them into .m4a files and then change the suffix to .m4r). When you double-click (or whatever PC people do instead) on the .m4r file, it goes directly into the iTunes Ringtones' section and you can sync them with iPhone. I've got dozens of free ringtones made that way.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I was not sure if this was the correct forum to post this, so I am sorry if I made a mistake.

I just got an iPhone 2 or 3 weeks ago and hate the ringers that are preloaded on it.

Besides "jailbreaking" my iPhone (which I'd really prefer not to do) is there an way to make my own FREE ringtones (or upload FREE ringtones) to the phone without paying Apple $1.99 each time for their very limited selection?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
Here's the original thread:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...rks-with-the-new-1-1-2-firmware-update.14729/

It works just fine with firmware 1.1.3 too.

Enjoy!:)

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
thanks for the help guys sorry for the re-post...just added like 10 ringtones!