iPhone for $200 without plan?

Aug 1, 2007
I basically got mugged, got my iPhone stolen, now att cannot cover it because i couldnt insure it. now is there a way of going through somewhere and getting another iPhone used or new for under 300 bucks? att wont cover me and is asking 400 dollars to buy a NEW one. any suggestions?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Did you report the mugging to the police? I've heard that AT&T will give you upgrade pricing on a replacement iPhone if you have a police report documenting that yours was stolen.

Sorry to hear about the mugging. Are you okay? I hope they catch the bastards.

unnecessary

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Did you report the mugging to the police? I've heard that AT&T will give you upgrade pricing on a replacement iPhone if you have a police report documenting that yours was stolen.

Sorry to hear about the mugging. Are you okay? I hope they catch the bastards.

Thats new, ill check on that.

Aug 1, 2007
Yeah I reported everything to the police. I told Att all about it with 2-3 different reps, they didn't seem to care and said that since my contract doesn't expire until jan 2010 that theyll only give me "early" upgrade pricing which is 399.99 for an 8gb 3G. =(

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I basically got mugged, got my iPhone stolen, now att cannot cover it because i couldnt insure it. now is there a way of going through somewhere and getting another iPhone used or new for under 300 bucks? att wont cover me and is asking 400 dollars to buy a NEW one. any suggestions?
eBay. Craigslist.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ugh SPAM.

Sorry to hear about the stolen phone but as others suggested I would try looking on eBay or Craigslist.

Aug 1, 2007
Ugh SPAM.

Sorry to hear about the stolen phone but as others suggested I would try looking on eBay or Craigslist.
Yep. eBay is really expensive, craigslist is 400 dollars or more for any kind of iPhone 3G period. Might as well just go in the Apple store and pay 400 dollars if im gonna buy off craigslist. But I can't do that cause I only have about 250 to work with.