iPhone for $300 brand new?

Aposey

Nov 12, 2007
Ok I am interested in buying an iPhone, and I am trying to find a good deal on one. I found this website called electroforless.com who is selling brand new 8gb iPhones for $300 and the 4gb for $250. The site seems ligitimate. I sent them an email and they responded saying their phones were brand new and unlocked. Does anyone have any experience with this site, because I sure don't want to get ripped off. Any help would be appreciated.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If it seems too good to be true, then most of the time it is. I'm not saying this company isn't legit, but I would expect a brand new, unlocked (which is a bit of an oxymoron, considering the box would have to be opened to unlock the iPhone, thus it's not technically brand new) to sell for over $400, considering that's what a regular 8GB would cost.

Usually unlocked ones go for higher than $500.00 - at least all the ones I have seen (when I happen to be paying attention)

I have no clue how they were able to sell them for that cheap.

Aposey

Nov 12, 2007
Me either. I contacted them and they said the reason their prices were so low was because they focus on the quantity that they sell and not on the price they sell them for. The site seems legit but I don't know it is awfuly cheap.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i vote for not-legit. looking at their site, the grammar and punctuation is off (which usually means the site content was not created by professional marketing folks - and no professionally-edited content is more likely to mean scam). and someone was asking the same thing you were on yahoo's ask site - check out the responses they got here...

that price is definitely too good to be true.

EDIT: here's someone who was scammed by them...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've heard somewhere - here, another forum, I don't know - that this site was big on scamming. Most unlocked phone do go for at least $500 - $300 is a bit too low for my taste.

jcit

Sep 18, 2007
Canmore CANADA
SCAM SCAM SCAM... Any company that only accept Western Union is very suspicious. Stay away from them like the plague!

Phew, I am glad you asked here for some input. They definitely are scammers. Lots of people been victimized by them. What stinks is with the internet they are hard to track down. So these people will most likely not get any money back.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well, if anyone here has had a problem with them, I can always go look for their office here in Atlanta for them.

Resident Plarp

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
www2.oakland.edu
Given the lack of spell check and shite grammar, the website is able to sell iPhones on the cheap as nothing was spent on salaried employees and/or education.