iPhone freaking out please help?

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i was using ibricker for the 1st time and i dunno what even happened. i have 1.1.3 and now my phone is repeatedly going to the Apple logo then a ton of numbers and code scroll down the screen for about 15 secs then back to the logo then scrolling. it will only stop if i power and home reset but when i turn it on it does it again. anything i can do to fix this? thanks

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
let it roll for about 10 minutes and then just relax and do the normal reboot..
power and home button.. get it out of the cycle first and then once you have it out of the reboot cycle you can work it from there.. don't panic!

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
its too late i was in the midst of restoring it and now i think i have to restore. the only thing is that my phone hasn't been synced since cleared everything out on my computer so now i think all my contacts are out of outlook. do the contacts save to your simcard when add them.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
they should yes. there are a couple utilities to help u get em back if you jb it again

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
ok stay with me..im restoring it now. what should i do when its done. i just want my contacts thats all i ask for :mad: please tell me i should be able to get them. i haven't JB my phone since the iPhone first came out. i been on 1.1.3 and not unlocked forever. will this matter?

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
no i had them on outlook but like i said i had to do my computer over. unless theres a way to recover them. thats why i asked if my simcard had them

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
thats a tough one. so a few questions...
did you format or reload the os on your computer?
are u sure you transfered them to your sim at some point?
important questions..

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i just put the windows disk in and reloaded it (theres was still old stuff from doc ansd settings folders u know?). how would i know if i saved them to my sim i never seen an option. i been wondering how to that from the start

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
geez now i was in the phone settings messing with the SIM section now it says "locked SIM" up where att should be. what the hell? :(

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i don't even use that email. the contacts were just in the address book. i synced my old contacts from a nokia to outlook and then to the iPhone. (which its nice that i can do again to have most but i have a bunch of new number that i would like to have) i just synced them with outlook and thats how i would save them. i never even bother with the email. if they address book is in my old files where would i look?

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
look on this site for a few of the guides and figure out decisivley (sp) what you want to do and then ensure your have the appropriate files and do it. You cant go at it without any direction. you either saved your contcats or you did not. it doesn't matter at this point until your get your iPhone back to a workable state.. make sense?

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
get it fixed first and then research what it is you wanna do.. there are a bunch of guides and checklists on here to get you straight. i have to go pub crawling for a few hours good luck mate!

tadphoto

Mar 5, 2009
i was using ibricker for the 1st time and i dunno what even happened. i have 1.1.3 and now my phone is repeatedly going to the Apple logo then a ton of numbers and code scroll down the screen for about 15 secs then back to the logo then scrolling. it will only stop if i power and home reset but when i turn it on it does it again. anything i can do to fix this? thanks
You should probably stick the phone up your butt and see what happens.