iPhone freezes when switching calls

bolagatos

Dec 5, 2007
Hi all,

First time poster, long-time lurker. I've noticed rather consistently that my phone tends to freeze up if I try to switch calls via call-waiting. I'm fine if I hit 'End Call & Answer' or 'Ignore Call', but if I try to switch to the incoming call while placing my current call on-hold, I get stuck in between calls and cannot return to either. The only way to resolve when this happens is to reboot the phone and call people back.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, any clues how to fix?

Thanks!

Chris

PS - I tried searching for call waiting issues but couldn't find an answer in any of the threads I ran across. Thanks for the help.

bolagatos

Dec 5, 2007
Nope

I should have mentioned that in the original post. It is not unlocked or jailbroken, and is on the current release.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
I should have mentioned that in the original post. It is not unlocked or jailbroken, and is on the current release.
I have the same issue - freeze happens when trying to juggle two live calls, usually when I have one call up already and I try to bring in a 2nd person calling in

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My guess is there's something wrong with your service that isn't allowing call-waiting or three-way calling. Maybe ring up AT&T?

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I have this problem all the time. From what I have observed is that this thing happens the most in regions where you have 1 bar. Do you know if you had good coverage when you had this issue?

bolagatos

Dec 5, 2007
I haven't paid much attention to coverage at the time, but it happens often enough that I don't think it is due to poor coverage. That said, I definitely will pay more attention next time.

It seems like a hardware/software issue vs a service issue, based on my limited technical knowledge. I will give ATT a call to see what they have to say about it.