iPhone freezing

Jul 25, 2007
i am having a freezing problem with my iPhone. it started about a week ago. what happens is sometimes when i push the button to take it out of sleep mode it will just be a black screen for a few seconds then the slide to unlock screen will appear. and sometimes when i slide to unlock the screen stays black and i have to put it to sleep and then do it over for me to see the menu. and today i took out of sleep unlocked it and then tried to use the calculator but nothing on the homescreen worked. i pushed every menu item and nothing happened. i turned the iPhone off then back on and it is fine now but idk what is happening. should i be concerned as to bringing it to Apple or wait for an update?

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
wait for an update mine started doing the same the one with the screen /lock i have to do it twice because it freezes but i don't get the other problem maybe an update will fix this :)

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
i am having a freezing problem with my iPhone. it started about a week ago. what happens is sometimes when i push the button to take it out of sleep mode it will just be a black screen for a few seconds then the slide to unlock screen will appear. and sometimes when i slide to unlock the screen stays black and i have to put it to sleep and then do it over for me to see the menu. and today i took out of sleep unlocked it and then tried to use the calculator but nothing on the homescreen worked. i pushed every menu item and nothing happened. i turned the iPhone off then back on and it is fine now but idk what is happening. should i be concerned as to bringing it to Apple or wait for an update?
OMG...so my phone decided to freak out last night causing me to have a heart attack. I get a phone call from my boyfriend, then suddenly my phone just freezes. it shows the caller, it keeps ringing but when I slid to answer...i doesn't budge. THEN it started to do it's own thing, flipping around to all different screens. i thought perhaps it was because i tapped it too many times, sowhen the screen finally eases up, i try to turn off the phone, then turn it back on, THANK GOD it was all okay after that, but WOW...I was about to cry b/c i have no other way of communicating with anyone except with my iPhone. =(

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
My iPhone froze 8-10 times a day; when receiving a call, when hanging up, when sitting on my desk for more then 5 minutes without being used.
After doing many power/homescreen resets, and a few restores, I called Apple and they replace my iPhone within an hour of receiving it.

Jul 26, 2007
Even my phone used to freeze a lot...later i found out that wifi is the problem...so i turn of my wifi whenever i am at my work place

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
OMG...so my phone decided to freak out last night causing me to have a heart attack. I get a phone call from my boyfriend, then suddenly my phone just freezes. it shows the caller, it keeps ringing but when I slid to answer...i doesn't budge. THEN it started to do it's own thing, flipping around to all different screens. i thought perhaps it was because i tapped it too many times, sowhen the screen finally eases up, i try to turn off the phone, then turn it back on, THANK GOD it was all okay after that, but WOW...I was about to cry b/c i have no other way of communicating with anyone except with my iPhone. =(
same kind of thing happened to me! just the other day, and for the first time ever my phone started freezing up. someone called, and the pictures was there, and thenthe call ended and my phone just kept vibrating, and the picture was still there, and it wouldn't stop..and my phone was freezing up a lot, i would unlock the phone, and start texting, and then the phone would go black, like it was asleep in the middle of no where... it was acting really bad for the rest of the night.. but the night day it was staight, and its been ok ever since... its weird how it took a couple months for this to start happen... i hope it doesn't continue

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
hmmm.. I keep my wifi on all the time and mine hasn't froze at all... But I do try to keep cache, cookies and history cleared, along with power cycling it every few days.

iRon

Aug 8, 2007
NorCal
Mine has this freezing problem from time to time. I'll usually experience a freeze or glitch once or twice a day, sometimes more. This is usually in the form of a delay waking from sleep, a random return to the home screen when in an application, a lack of response to touching icons, or a random blackout of the screen. Sometimes a delay is all it is, while other times it appears to be frozen and I need to shut down/reset it. I've done both of the updates as directed, as well as a couple of restores. My phone is not modded, the cache is clear, and I've only got about 2 gb worth of media stored. Plenty of memory to work with, I'd say.

Oh yeah, these glitches didn't seem to be a normal occurrence when the iPhone was new out of the box. The two updates seem to have increased their frequency.

Summertop511

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
Am I the only one that after I get off the phone my phone freezes and the screen non responsive. It doesn't do it every time but I would say 50% of the time. And yes I have restored it and as a new phone not from a restore

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Am I the only one that after I get off the phone my phone freezes and the screen non responsive. It doesn't do it every time but I would say 50% of the time. And yes I have restored it and as a new phone not from a restore
This happens to my sisters and I iPod touch. What model is it? And firmware?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4