iPhone friendly EiC

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I know there is an iPhone friendly version of EiC because I remember using it when it was put up, but for some reason i can't get it back on my iPhone. I went into UserCP>Edit Options>Misc. Options then to the drop down menu for the EiC skin, and even though I click iPhone Friendly then save changes, it stays on the default skin, but it says it is using the iPhone friendly version. I did the same procedure on my computer and it worked fine, but it won't work on my iPhone. Can anybody help me?

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I know there is an iPhone friendly version of EiC because I remember using it when it was put up, but for some reason i can't get it back on my iPhone. I went into UserCP>Edit Options>Misc. Options then to the drop down menu for the EiC skin, and even though I click iPhone Friendly then save changes, it stays on the default skin, but it says it is using the iPhone friendly version. I did the same procedure on my computer and it worked fine, but it won't work on my iPhone. Can anybody help me?
Odd. Try a restore. Couldn't hurt.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The "iphone-friendly" verison of this site is slightly different from the regular one, but the differences are subtle enough that you may not notice. Certain links are in larger font, and there are no ads. If you're looking for the REALLY iphone-lookin' site that chris was sporting for a day or so... that was just an experiment. It may come back, but it currently does not exist.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I believe that the iPhone Friendly one on the PC may be a plain text one, but I see what your are saying. It may be that a browser doesn't support the iPhone format and displays it in plain text.

011.jpg
012.jpg

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The "iphone-friendly" verison of this site is slightly different from the regular one, but the differences are subtle enough that you may not notice. Certain links are in larger font, and there are no ads. If you're looking for the REALLY iphone-lookin' site that chris was sporting for a day or so... that was just an experiment. It may come back, but it currently does not exist.
Ok, then what is this?

That is exactly what was on my iPhone when Chris tried out the iPhone skin. So why can't I get that on my iPhone now?

Edit: Also, as you can see in my picture, I am using Safari just like the iPhone does.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
How did you take screen shot with windows?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Towards the top of the keyboard there is a button that says "Prnt Scrn" . On my laptop it is right above F10. Hit that and then paste it in a program like paint, or powerpoint, then save the image, and upload to a website like flikr or photobucket

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I used my iPhone, LOL. Thanks for the info. I was always going to check into it, just never did until now. I found that Vista has SNIPPING TOOL (not with home version) even better.

Killed two birds with one stone. EIC iPhone friendly version (was wanting to check into that) and screenshots with windows.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
ok, every time I go onto safari on my computer, I get a real basic "i" friendly forum page, but when I'm on safari on my phone, it doesn't look any different (choosing iPhone friendly in options), what gives? Kinda dumb to have it opposite like that.