iPhone from a friend can i activate it

Oct 10, 2007
im getting an iPhone from a friend who felt it was to complicated to use, she was told by att that her service will be off by the end of her monthly billing cycle which is about 2 or 3 weeks from today, will i be able to activate the phone even tho it was in her name, and will i be able to activate before the end of her billing cycle, any help will be appreciated

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
im getting an iPhone from a friend who felt it was to complicated to use, she was told by att that her service will be off by the end of her monthly billing cycle which is about 2 or 3 weeks from today, will i be able to activate the phone even tho it was in her name, and will i be able to activate before the end of her billing cycle, any help will be appreciated

Where are you located?

southpawace024

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
so you mean i have to get a new sims card, sorry im a noobie, tired of spint and my buggy moto q
I don't believe sprint has SIM cards so you couldn't just put your into the new iPhone you're getting. Assuming you are planning on switching carriers from Sprint to AT&T, you would have to go in to an AT&T store a purchase a new sim card. From there you would need to activate it at home on your computer through iTunes. There shouldn't be any problems as far as it being an used iPhone.

Oct 10, 2007
I don't believe sprint has SIM cards so you couldn't just put your into the new iPhone you're getting. Assuming you are planning on switching carriers from Sprint to AT&T, you would have to go in to an AT&T store a purchase a new sim card. From there you would need to activate it at home on your computer through iTunes. There shouldn't be any problems as far as it being an used iPhone.
i spoke with a att rep today he didn't say i had to get a new sims card (by the way how much is a sims card) he said i should be able to do it through iTunes without a problem and if i do have a problem to call cs and they would be able to help

i spoke with a att rep today he didn't say i had to get a new sims card (by the way how much is a sims card) he said i should be able to do it through iTunes without a problem and if i do have a problem to call cs and they would be able to help
Activating an an already activated iPhone as in your case you are, will require a new sim. Go to AT&T and tell them what you are doing and they will give you a new sim for free. Now put the new sim in the iPhone and activate it through iTunes and it will work perfectly.

If you try to use the sim card that is already in there, it will just go through the activation and then say that the actvation requires more time. An hour later, you will get an email telling you to call and they will tell you that the sim you are using is already used under another persons account and that you need a new sim.

I'm just trying to save you time here.