iPhone frozen-anyone have an idea

Jun 19, 2009
I am a non-tech person and am having trouble with my iPhone. It is frozen on a screen that says I need to connect to the iTunes store. When I try that iTunes says it can't connect b/c I need to enter my password on the phone which is locked. (I don't have anyway to enter the password that I can tell.) Thanks for any advice!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Try holding down the sleep/power button and the home button until it turns off and the Apple logo comes back up.

Jun 19, 2009
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately though,I tried twice but no luck. Is there a backup plan when this fails?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately though,I tried twice but no luck. Is there a backup plan when this fails?
So your saying you can't unlock your phone?

When you connect to iTunes it will sync or try to. If your SIM card has a pin on it, enter it through your phone. Slide-to-unlock then enter your pin, then enter. Then allow iTunes to do what it's got to do.

What shutter suggested does work, you have to hold both the sleep/wake button and the home button- The screen will flash and the phone itself, will reboot.

If all else fails and someone steals your car... take your phone back to wherever you got it from.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
If you cannot get it to come up without the connect to iTunes...you may need to put it in DFU and restore. I cannot remember the steps for putting the phone in DFU mode, but if you google it, you will find it.