iPhone frozen/stuck in same mode

Vulture

Dec 12, 2007
I had jailbroken my otb 1.1.2 and had been stuck at the step right before you go back to 1.1.2. I believe its called recovery mode. The phone doesn't turn on it just keep showing the screen with the cable going into the cd with the music note on it.

Did I just brick my iPhone or is there still hope? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
calm down. It's not bricked. restart iTunes and plug it back up and finish jailbreaking. As long as you are an AT&T customer, YOU CANNOT BRICK THE iPhone. Maybe you messed up in your steps.....what instructions are you using?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Did you get to the good error #1015 yet. If so then close iTunes and get the AppTapp

Vulture

Dec 12, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not an AT&T customer. I bought an otb 1.1.2 and jailbroke it about a month ago. Only problem was that I left the phone at 1.1.1 instead of upgrading back to 1.1.2 and doing the whole oktoprep deal. Today I received my NextSim card and popped it in. didn't work. Installed iworld, didn't work either because my country isn't in the list. Downloaded the 1.1.2 update and upgraded the phone. Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode.

Edit: Yes I got the error code but the phone reset and is now stuck in recovery mode. ibrickr and iTunes do not detect the phone now and it just displays the cable screen when plugged in. I loaded apptapp but im not sure which version listed to select since im not using any of those versions.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well there is where all the problems arise....You should use this how to for jailbreaking of the unlocked sim situation. and I won't be able to help much, although in some cases I have.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not an AT&T customer. I bought an otb 1.1.2 and jailbroke it about a month ago. Only problem was that I left the phone at 1.1.1 instead of upgrading back to 1.1.2 and doing the whole oktoprep deal. Today I received my NextSim card and popped it in. didn't work. Installed iworld, didn't work either because my country isn't in the list. Downloaded the 1.1.2 update and upgraded the phone. Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Close iTunes and go to jailbreakme.com over wifi on your iPhone and get apptapp.

Not being an AT&T customer increases the risk factor here, by the way. You might be out of luck, though

Vulture

Dec 12, 2007
Cant use wifi since the phone is stuck on that screen. wont go anywhere else. any other suggestions?

Vulture

Dec 12, 2007
Thanks guys! Used apptapp and it sprung back to life. Jailbroken, but still locked. If someone who understands iWorld would add my countries codes to the program I could get this damned phone fully working. I truly despise steve jobs right now... 520 dollars and i cant use my phone because mr jobs is a greedy sob.

Vulture

Dec 12, 2007
My phone reports that its 1.1.1. How would I go about upgrading to 1.1.2 without bricking the phone again?

Oggie

Nov 28, 2007
Does anyone know how to add Canada into iWorld?