iPhone gets Copy and Paste !

S

stevebush

Finally, the iPhone gets Copy/Paste functionality! Get Clippy from Cydia to add Copy and Paste to your keyboard!
Note: For jailbroken phone only.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
That's almost enough to make we want to JB
Tg

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
How exactly does it work? How do you highlight the text without moving the screen?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
No C/P for me. Doesn't work. And I hear it's not quite 100% effective. Like you can't highlight webpages. Still beta.

But it is good news! One wonders why it took almost 2 years to even get a JB version.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
i tried it and it actually works pretty good. i was able to copy the ups tracking number for my invisible shield from my mail, then paste it on the ups site. :cool:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Does it work for the dreaded viewmymessage.com text?

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
You can only copy/paste stuff that you type in, so you can't just go to, for example, a webpage in Safari and start copying text.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
yeah, it's 8 bucks. Was worth it to me and I know some people have difficulty getting it set up with AT&T, mine set up pretty easy. All I did was have my messaging plan changed from iPhone messaging to regular messaging, and after a reboot it began working immediately. Course this thread isn't about that...I am currently using pastebud for copy and paste, it's limited in what it can do, but better than nothing.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I did some reading up on Swirly MMS yesterday and apparently all AT&T employees are being told NOT to enable WAP, which is what you HAVE to do to enable MMS on the iPhone. Some people said they talked to over 20 AT&T employees with no luck.

Copy and Paste is exciting though.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I got it and it works very well so far!

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
one thing that bugs me is that you can't use the magnifying glass as you used to before. you can only use it to select text now. or sometimes it won't select at all. it needs a better way for you to be able to tell it when you want to select and when you want it to work as normal.

that and that you can't select text outside of text boxes. hopefully it will improve beyond perfection.

De1Phi4n

Feb 12, 2009
one tap and slide does magnifying glass so you can positing the cursor to edit text. 2 taps and slide highlights text for copy.

not sure how the guy copied the ups track # in email unless he hit reply first because im prtty sure it can only copy editable text like when you can write. you can copy links i thin supposedly in webpages and stuff from the address bar but nothing on the page that is static and not editable. already been some improvements and is a much needed tool.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
hClipboard copies text from web pages? I never knew that...I thought it only copies text that you type (or text that is editable)?
You can use javascript bookmarklets to make the text editable ;)