iPhone getting bad signal all of the sudden

doleeo

Jul 30, 2007
Starting about 2 days ago, my iPhone has been getting horrible reception, even in areas where I get good service. I'll frequently have "call failed" pop up when trying to make a call.

I'll probably go talk to AT&T tomorrow regarding the problem.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
this may or may not be something your intrested in but if you typ " scotch tape" in the serch box at the top of the page there is a fix for this problem. like i said u may or may not want to try it but ive heard it works.

doleeo

Jul 30, 2007
Yeah, I've tried it and it didn't help very much. It was weird because the day I read about this, the problem suddenly decided to happen.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
i would deffinalty make a trip to att then, they are usually very helpful with this sort of thing. if it were me personally witch i don't know your full story i would do a general settings reset, and my phone is jailbroken so i would unjailbreak to see if that helped. lol but what ever the case, good luck.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Mine has also been doing this and I have not really thought much of it. It started with 1.1.3, but I don't know if it is/was 1.1.3 or 1.1.3 jailbroken. And I like my customization enough to deal with it instead of going back to stock.

JEWISH_GOAT

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
Try poppin into airplane mode for about thirty seconds. That usually helps me regain signal when it suddenly drops or whatever.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Did you drop your phone recently? The antenna are all located in the black part of the phone.